Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Name -- Brutal Honesty, ladies! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1441507)

mommajewels 09-09-2012 02:18 PM

Name -- Brutal Honesty, ladies!

Emersyn Jewel Dawn Schmidt.

Am I being too self conscious, or does that sound totally awful together?

I love Emersyn Jewel .... Dh wants Dawn in there (my middle name, not fond of it.) and I'm trying to compromise. All of our kids have 2 middle names which are all family names. Had I known we were going to have half a dozen, lol, I wouldn't have agreed to that from to get go. In all reality though, the only time I say their full name is with the announcment of their birth. Otherwise we present them by 1st name, and 1st middle name.

Brutal honesty ladies. Does it sound funky together?

mommabullfrog 09-09-2012 03:16 PM

Re: Name -- Brutal Honesty, ladies!

Brutal honesty is just no fun!!! But honestly, I love Emersyn Dawn... Emersyn Jewel doesn't seem to roll of the tongue that well. I know the part you didn't like was the Dawn part... dang it!

roseyroberts 09-09-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommabullfrog
Brutal honesty is just no fun!!! But honestly, I love Emersyn Dawn... Emersyn Jewel doesn't seem to roll of the tongue that well. I know the part you didn't like was the Dawn part... dang it!

My thought exactly! :) luv the emersyn dawn! But think if you want all three..that jewel sounds better after dawn instead of before. IMHO. ;)

jacquelinemarie82 09-09-2012 06:22 PM

Brutal honestly from a non due date board member....I really like Emersyn but would absolutely spell it Emerson. I know that wasn't your question though but it caught my eye. I like the full name and you are right that it will rarely be used. If you don't like Dawn, maybe there is another compromise you can find??? Personally I wouldn't use a name I didn't like even if my dh did. We each have full veto power. If we hate the name, the other can't use it.

Mrs.Os 09-09-2012 07:11 PM

I think it's nice. A large number of friends from childhood have first names second names middle names and then of course last so 4 total then some who or catholic have another confiation names lol it's great also most of my family who I see weekly didnt know Los middle name lol it just never came up which is really random but totally fine. And we love family names ;)

twinpossible 09-09-2012 10:04 PM

Honestly I don't think it really flows. As a person who had 4 names before I changed it after marriage I can say that it is nice when all four sound like they work together.

sandhillcranes 09-09-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquelinemarie82
Brutal honestly from a non due date board member....I really like Emersyn but would absolutely spell it Emerson. I know that wasn't your question though but it caught my eye. I like the full name and you are right that it will rarely be used. If you don't like Dawn, maybe there is another compromise you can find??? Personally I wouldn't use a name I didn't like even if my dh did. We each have full veto power. If we hate the name, the other can't use it.

Till I read this ^ I thought it was pronounced E-mer-zen. Not emerson. I prefer the spellings: emerson or emersen. I like emerson and jewel together. Pretty name. Dawn is fine. I dont think 3rd names come up that often for it to need to really "flow" but thats jmo. I love the initials EJ. It will make a super cute nickname!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

sandhillcranes 09-09-2012 10:10 PM

Oh lord only knows how i ended up in the due in march forum. Lol. I was due in march, last year. Haha! Sorry. Ipad mistake. Didnt mean to intrude

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

carazoe 09-09-2012 10:15 PM

I also prefer the spelling Emerson. Not a big fan of it with Jewel but I like it with Dawn. My brothers dog is named Emerson so I originally thought it was only a boys name. A friend had a baby girl they named Emerson and they call her Emmy, so the name has had a while to really grown on me.

Maeve Baby 09-09-2012 10:20 PM

I really like Emersyn a lot and I like the way you chose to spell it. My sister I think is considering that name if she has a girl. Now Jewel and Dawn-I like what another mama suggested of doing Dawn first and Jewel second. It's hard I know to get every thing flowing right. If we have another girl I think DH wants me to use his mom's name for a middle name because we used my mom's name for a middle name when we had DD but his mom's name is Deborah...not that it's a bad name but as a middle name nothing really flows with it. I want to use Grace after my grandma so we will see how the battle goes.