Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Critque my stash (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1441748)

KendallMarie 09-10-2012 08:49 AM

Critque my stash

Okay so it's going to be a while yet before i actually need my diapers... but I've been collecting them for a while knowing the time would be coming. It's taken a while I mostly just throw out low ball bids on ebay and see if i win.

Since adding to the stash in this method could take awhile... give me your thoughts now... what do I still need. What I see as lacking are... fasteners I think i have 1 or 2 snappies but that's it. Wet bags. NB covers. And I think I would like a few more fitted newborn diapers just to make it easier for anyone helping me out at that stage. Maybe a few more fleece covers... i think at this point wool is a bit too intimidating but want something more breathable.

Prefolds/Flats
13 Rearz New Born Prefolds
44 Generic New Born Prefolds
12 Infant Prefolds
24 Premium Prefolds
4 Ikea Flats

AIO/2
2 Alva Baby NB
1 Alva Baby OS
17 Ebay OS (babyland, sunny baby etc)
2 Wee Ones OS

Fitted
2 New Born Sandies
15 MEOS (actually I think I have 27 of there but canít find some and lent some out)
4 Yulco OS (2 more of these lent out too)
1 Wee Ones OS
9 Homemade OS
1 New Born homemade fitted

Liners/Inserts
13 ME snap in liners
12 Bamboo interst
1 ME Sandies SM
4 Sherpa Fleece Wee Ones
14 Homemade Flannel/Terry/MF
21 MF insterts

Covers
3 NB Bummis Super Bright
1 X-SM ME Air Flow
4 SM ME Rikki Wrap
1 SM Wee Ones
1 SM WAHM Fleece
1 SM Bummis Super Whisper Wrap
1 SM Polar Bummis
1 MD Wee Ones
1 MD WAHM Fleece
1 MD Polar Bummis
3 LG Original Bummis
1 XL Polar Bummis
2 Kawaii OS
6 BuBubibi OS

AZmommy 09-10-2012 09:00 AM

Re: Critque my stash

honestly I think you have plenty I likely I personally wouldn't add anything wait till baby comes and get an idea what you really like then see if you want to add or subtract.
Acessory wise..
cloth wipes? diaper sprayer? cloth safe creams etc...

estrattman 09-10-2012 09:25 AM

I agree with PP

KendallMarie 09-10-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZmommy (Post 15662006)
honestly I think you have plenty I likely I personally wouldn't add anything wait till baby comes and get an idea what you really like then see if you want to add or subtract.
Acessory wise..
cloth wipes? diaper sprayer? cloth safe creams etc...

Wipes... I have some... making more as I get time and flannel ends.

I'm not sure about a diaper sprayer.... the design of my bath room isn't friendly for any over spray. But I have heard they are the best thing ever.

Wet bags and pail liners... have nothing... will probably hit up etsy once I get a little further along.

Creams... have to do a bit of research on that front. I know what makes them safe... but still a lot of options.

Fasteners obviously need some.

I think the number of new born covers is what's kinda eating at me. I do have the Smalls too I suppose. It just I don't expect any help with laundry... so in the beginning keeping up could be challenging.

Nerissa 09-10-2012 12:04 PM

For the NB stage i would say you are good on numbers of diapers. If you want a few more fitteds/AIO for those that help you could but would be fine with the number of PF. You could turn a dozen of the PF into Tinkle Traps

I am only counting 4 NB/x-sm covers. I personally would get at least 2 more.

I would wait in the bigger sizes to see what you actually like and don't like.