Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Drinking something other than water? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1441856)

Lilybug1 09-10-2012 12:36 PM

Drinking something other than water?

I gave up soda (well, coca-cola to be exact) 5 months ago. I drink primarily water and it used to be okay, but these days I'm just so bored of it sometimes.

I had a serious coca-cola addiction so I can't fall back to that for a quick and occasional pick-me-up. I'm sort ambivalent about other sodas. They just don't do much for me. The fanta/sunkis/orangina remind me a bit of the glucose test so I can't take those too much.

I used drink coffee and still do, but I sort have to force myself to go through 1 cup in the morning because after a few sips I lose interest.

I found this sparkling lemonoda (lorena french berry) which I LOVE, but I can't seem to find anywhere that carries it other than the Fresh Market and it's not so close by.

What are you all drinking?

kelpie169 09-10-2012 12:51 PM

Well I'm on coke at the moment. I the coke actually but it's the ony thin that doesn't make me nauseous. No idea why. But my husband just broke his HORRENDOUS mountain few addiction using mio. Thy have an energy one and all kinds of flavors so he doesn't get bored. And they lat forever I you don't use a buttload-like I do. Also tea. Like tea bag teas. I on the other hand love sweet tea, but have to refrain cause I'd seriously drink a couple gallons a day of I could. :)

adjroberts 09-10-2012 01:13 PM

Re: Drinking something other than water?

Fruit smoothies, juice, green tea, decaf coffee with a couple of drops of vanilla, arnold palmer, I like carrot juice- it's a lot sweeter than what you would think.

Lilybug1 09-10-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelpie169 (Post 15663160)
Well I'm on coke at the moment. I the coke actually but it's the ony thin that doesn't make me nauseous. No idea why. But my husband just broke his HORRENDOUS mountain few addiction using mio. Thy have an energy one and all kinds of flavors so he doesn't get bored. And they lat forever I you don't use a buttload-like I do. Also tea. Like tea bag teas. I on the other hand love sweet tea, but have to refrain cause I'd seriously drink a couple gallons a day of I could. :)

What's mio?

KelseyH 09-10-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilybug1

What's mio?

It's a water flavoring with pretty much nothing real in it: full of artificial color, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives.

waterisntsomething 09-10-2012 01:39 PM

I'm not currently pregnant but my favorite go to drink is the new sobe lifewater coconut, all 3 flavors. I love them! Their outher calorie free lifewaters are pretty good too and they are sweetened with stevia which is nice.

GreenHome Sewing 09-10-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelseyH

It's a water flavoring with pretty much nothing real in it: full of artificial color, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives.

Yea, I don't suggest trying it. I did for a while to get myself off soda. I ended up with some nasty head aches every time I drank some.
I suggest buying some fruit, strawberries work for me, slicing and freezing them. When I get bored of water I add just a few and it tastes much more interesting!
I also found that the more I drink anything that is not water, the less I have a desire to drink water.
And lastly, I never fill my water glass. I do half way. This makes me say 'oh, I am out! Let's get more!' and so I drink three times as much this way, by tricking myself.

GreenHome Sewing 09-10-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelseyH

Yea, I don't suggest trying it. I did for a while to get myself off soda. I ended up with some nasty head aches every time I drank some.
I suggest buying some fruit, strawberries work for me, slicing and freezing them. When I get bored of water I add just a few and it tastes much more interesting!
I also found that the more I drink anything that is not water, the less I have a desire to drink water.
And lastly, I never fill my water glass. I do half way. This makes me say 'oh, I am out! Let's get more!' and so I drink three times as much this way, by tricking myself.

RunawayBunny 09-10-2012 01:52 PM

During my first pregnancy I would take sparkling water, some lemon or lime juice and cut up fruit. Loved it!

dagmomma 09-10-2012 02:42 PM

Izze does the trick for me. It is all natural fruit juice with sparkling water.