Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Measuring a bit off? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1441958)

SarahBk 09-10-2012 04:22 PM

Measuring a bit off?

So my OB said the ultrasound showed 9 weeks 1 day but by my lmp I am 9 week 4 day. Is that normal ?

Janelle 09-10-2012 04:43 PM

Re: Measuring a bit off?

Yeah. My LMP has me @ 11 w 3 days, ultrasound says 11 weeks. A few days off isn't a big deal, but my DR goes by the ultrasound, not LMP.

Blessed2005 09-10-2012 04:51 PM

Not all women ovulate on day 14, which is what lmp date calculations use. You probably just ovulated a little later in your cycle. Probably nothing to worry about, my date usually changes a bit with ultrasounds. With this baby I was charting, so I know when I ovulated. If you don't chart, it's harder to know when you ovulate and they just assume all women have a 14th day ovulation.

Fishie Kisses 09-10-2012 04:57 PM

I always measure about a week behind lmp and have had 3 very healthy (very big lol) babies. I seem to O around CD20-21

RunawayBunny 09-10-2012 05:15 PM

What they said, plus, those measurements can be off. Just depends on how baby is sitting and probably how the individual doing the scan sees it. (For example my RE took three measurements and then picked which one she liked best which opens it up to personal judgment). My OB the last two pregnancies and my RE for this one all said they wont even bother changing the due date unless its 3-7 days off.

mibarra 09-10-2012 05:51 PM

Yuo. Your LMP assumes you ovulate at the standard time. I ovulate earlier in my cycle so I'm always earlier than LMP. It's just an estimate either way, not an exsct science. Plus some people have large or petite babies. No worries.

4dramamama 09-10-2012 07:10 PM

I always prefer measuring behind because then there is more time for me to be in my midwife's care. Here we have to transfer to OB after 42 weeks.

UmmKira 09-10-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dramamama
I always prefer measuring behind because then there is more time for me to be in my midwife's care. Here we have to transfer to OB after 42 weeks.

Same here. I wanted to measure ahead at first, but after going well past my due date with both daughters, I prefer to keep the later date so I don't have to transfer.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum... Typos complements of Swype

jenbengtson 09-11-2012 08:24 AM

yep totally normal, I tend to measure a head, right now we are 5 days a head.

canadianbakers 09-11-2012 08:29 AM

Yup, totally normal to be a few days off. They usually only change/adjust EDD if it's measuring over a week off.

If things were measuring considerably off, then it would be cause for concern.