Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Sept (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Tell me about the start of your previous labors! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442277)

GumpR 09-11-2012 12:13 PM

Tell me about the start of your previous labors!

I was induced in the hospital last pregnancy so I experienced a very artificial start to labor. I want to hear how y'alls began! How long did it take to realize "this is it"? , Bloody show? GI upset? Backache? Let's hear it! :)

yankeesundbound 09-11-2012 07:31 PM

Re: Tell me about the start of your previous labors!

I'm in the same boat, no real idea what to expect...

megkmc 09-11-2012 09:45 PM

#1: I woke up and got breakfast like usual. I had a few mild contractions through out breakfast. Then I woke up DH and told him to time them. They gradually got closer and stronger. We went to the hospital in the early afternoon. Very "textbook."

#2: DD1 woke up in the middle of the night, crying. She had a fever the last several days, so she didn't have a fever this time, but she got into the habit of waking up. I was trying to comfort her, but was having contractions, enough that she knew something was going on. I got in the bathtub, to see if they were BH and would go away with a soak in the tub...of course, DD had to get in the tub with me. They didn't go away. I went downstairs while DH tried to put DD back to bed. At that point they were already 4 minutes apart. So we called our friend to come stay with DD and headed to the hospital. It is always a wonder how much longer I would have slept through labor if DD hadn't woken me up...

So to answer your question, contractions both times!

GumpR 09-11-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megkmc
#1: I woke up and got breakfast like usual. I had a few mild contractions through out breakfast. Then I woke up DH and told him to time them. They gradually got closer and stronger. We went to the hospital in the early afternoon. Very "textbook."

#2: DD1 woke up in the middle of the night, crying. She had a fever the last several days, so she didn't have a fever this time, but she got into the habit of waking up. I was trying to comfort her, but was having contractions, enough that she knew something was going on. I got in the bathtub, to see if they were BH and would go away with a soak in the tub...of course, DD had to get in the tub with me. They didn't go away. I went downstairs while DH tried to put DD back to bed. At that point they were already 4 minutes apart. So we called our friend to come stay with DD and headed to the hospital. It is always a wonder how much longer I would have slept through labor if DD hadn't woken me up...

So to answer your question, contractions both times!

Thanks!! More stories please :)

jaelynsmommy61607 09-11-2012 10:02 PM

Oops realized I ddc :blush
I was induced with #1 and repeat csection with #2. #3 my water broke on #1s birthday! I had very mild contractions. They never went anywhere tho. 3 days later he was born with the help of caator oil.

Michelle_M 09-12-2012 07:01 PM

I was induced with DS1, so when I was pregnant with DS2, I felt like you did, "How will I know? What if I don't notice it?"

For me, all weekend I had contractions that weren't super painful, but a little crampy, different from BH's. They would start to get kind of regular and closer together, and about the time I was ready to call my midwife (about an hour of having them) they would die off. Or i would drink some water and lay on my left side and they'd stop less than an hour into them.

Then on Monday (my due date), I had decided to use my single electric breast pump to do nipple stimulation, 5 minutes on each side, and then the plan was to repeat every hour. But within minutes I felt a "pop" and when I stood up my water gushed out. This was about 12:30pm. I had some contractions after that, but they didn't really get regular until around 4pm or so.

With DS3, it was similar.. some contractions a few days before. The day before my due date I made "jump start your labor" cookies and munched them throughout the day (they taste like a slightly spicy ginger snap cookie). Then right before bed, again I used a single electric breast pump to do nipple stimulation a couple times.

I woke up around 3:30 or so to contractions. They were just strong enough and uncomfortable enough that I couldn't go back to sleep. Eventually I decided to time them. At 4:45am my water broke. I got to my midwife's birth center around 8am, contractions weren't too bad.... I don't remember when they got "bad," but baby was born at 11:02am.

I'm really hoping for a similar pattern with this baby. I'd LOVE for my water to break before real contractions started, so that I KNOW it's real labor and not just intense false contractions.

God bless!

GumpR 09-14-2012 03:24 AM

Thanks! I am up at this unreasonable hour having contractions. . .hoping they turn into something!

Nerissa 09-14-2012 07:32 AM

#1--went to the OB since I was having a lot of leaking--thought I was peeing my pants. Found out I had a high leak and already 4cm dialated. I was 35 weeks 5 days. Sent to L&D, given a little bit of pitocin, I was not feeling any contractions at all. Finealy water broke completely on its own and then I started feeling contractions-- DS1 was born 3 hours later.

#2-- walked around all day at work with what I thought were BH or mild cramps since they were annoying but that is all. Had a "okay this is a real contraction" on my way to a routine 37 week OB appointment. Water broke in hallway and he was born less than 10 min later.

#3--no idea since this one is stubborn and no signs so far.

marvelous 09-14-2012 11:45 AM

#1: Started mild contractions on a Friday even went to the hospital Friday night but was sent home. Contractions all weekend, back pain started late Sunday night. I felt a pop 8am Monday morning and sure enough my water broke. Went to the hospital, epidural and all that, couldn't feel anything--not even pushing. DD was born around 5:30pm.

#2: Contractions started around 2:30pm. Labored for several hours, in out of the birthing tub, hot showers, etc. Midwives broke my water for me sometime well after midnight. Contractions intensified but progress was fast. Pushing was short and not very painful. DS born around 2:30am.

#3: Is taking her sweet time--nothing yet. Hoping for a MUCH shorter labor this time around!