Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Stroller, carseat, cribs OH MY!!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442292)

finleyjudemommy 09-11-2012 12:45 PM

Stroller, carseat, cribs OH MY!!!!

Hi all!

Ok, so....I need to get the above mentioned. I want to get the best, safest I can for a reasonable price. Tell me what you have and why you like it!

Thanks!

kaia.aline 09-11-2012 12:57 PM

I LOVE my stroller! It's the britax b agile and it maneuvers like a dream, It has a huge sunshade, it reclines almost flat which is nice, it comfortable, and I like that I can make it into a travel system with my britax b safe car seat. there is one major thing I would change about the matching carseat- the harness straps are kinda thin so they sometimes get twisted, it does have a Great sunshade esp. Compared to the chicco keyfit and the fabric is nicer than comparable seats.

waterisntsomething 09-11-2012 12:59 PM

Re: Stroller, carseat, cribs OH MY!!!!

I have the graco smoothride 65 convertable seat. I like it a lot. It is bulky and took getting used to at first but now it's easy to install. Plus he can ride in it until he's 65 lbs. I think it was around $150 but it's the only one he'll ever need. We got our crib from a friend for free...but he sleeps in our bed mostly anyways. As for a stroller we just use a mei tai right now but I want to get a jogging stroller soon.

momma_dna 09-11-2012 01:23 PM

For a carseat I recommend the Diono Radian RXT. Love ours! It's perfect because it can safely secure your precious LO from birth to 120lbs! It's the only carseat you will ever need to buy. It can safely hold your child rear facing (which is 5x safer then forward facing) until 45lbs, making it one of the best carseats for extended RF. once your child passes the height or weight for RF you can turn them forward in it. Once your child passes/graduates the five point harness check, it converts into a booster. So it's perfect! My only regret with this carseat is wishing I found it sooner. If you plan on baby wearing there really is no need for an infant carseat to carry your newbie around in.

champatlife 09-11-2012 03:20 PM

Out of all the car seats we've been through- my favorite has been the marathon70 (if it wasn't for the fact we already have a barely used radian, we would have bought another marathon70 for the new baby, I still ask my husband monthly if we can buy one anyways). It is the easiest install ever, doesn't take up much front to back room, 40 lbs rearfacing.

Crib of choice is the kalani it converts, but it also comes with the toddler rail. Once again almost bought a second one for thee baby, but found a full nursery set (crib, armoire, dressing table/dresser for $400 on Craigslist in near perfect condition.

I'm not certain I have a favorite stroller we have a britax bnimble, and I like it, and we have a graco grow with me and I like that too, but I'm just not a huge stroller fan, and my babes never want to stay in them anyways. I love my maitai inspired ecosash carrier, but contemplating giving an ergo a try this time around too.

doulamomma 09-11-2012 03:23 PM

I baby wear and co sleep, real money savers :) for a car seat I love our diono. We actually have 3. But they can be tricky to install in some cars. I would suggest whatever seat you get, get it from somewhere with free returns

Sent from my droid

lilbitcrunchy 09-12-2012 07:55 AM

You're going to get responses all over the map!

Things to consider: Do you want an infant seat or go straight to a convertible? There's pros and cons to both and even as an avid babywearer, I bought an infant seat. Also what fits best in your vehicle? All seats are *safe* so get what installs well. I just like having somewhere for them to sit in restaurants so I can eat, a safe spot while I'm bringing in groceries out of hot/cold car etc. My kids gain slowly and easily fit them for 9+ months. I love love Chicco, only infant seat I have ever used or wanted to use. Sleek and install is just so easy.

Straight to convertible, a radian is great, however it will need a lot of front to back room while they are tiny. Most kids will outgrow it by height before being able to use the booster mode (kinda weird how they did that) but boosters are cheap. Marathons are easy to install but wider so depending on your car, could be a tough fit with other seats. You'll need an infant insert which they sell separately.

I don't really use strollers often so I just have a Caboose ultralight for my two. I was just fine with the Cortina with my first since I just didn't use it much. It was easy to push and not super huge..fine.

Never used a crib.

RunawayBunny 09-12-2012 09:39 AM

For cribs you might want to check out Baby Mod sold by walmart. They are the non-name brand produced by million dollar baby and so they are very affordable, but are made by a very reliable company. We bought one for my mom's house. The only thing I dont like about it is that it's made of pine and so it scratches easily. I just made sure to keep a cloth teething guard on the rails when DS learned to stand.

We didnt use a travel system stroller, but I loooove my chicco capri umbrella stroller.

No advice on car seats. I hate all of mine (although they are all perfectly safe).

marliah 09-12-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doulamomma (Post 15668544)
I baby wear and co sleep, real money savers :)

lol same here :) we have the chicco keyfit seat and like it. Check Craigslist you can get really good deals on used things.

mommy2kaitlyn 09-12-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marliah
lol same here :) we have the chicco keyfit seat and like it. Check Craigslist you can get really good deals on used things.

Just not used car seats. Most know this but just in case.

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.