Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   What's HOT (or not) in the cloth diapering world? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442330)

littleleaf 09-11-2012 02:05 PM

What's HOT (or not) in the cloth diapering world?

Just a fun thread about what you think is HOT (or not) in the world of CDs ... seems like the crazy Ragababe and Chelory auctions, and Daching Dachs yarn going for way over retail seem to have all come down to earth.

I'm intending this to be a fun list, so please try to keep it light! :thumbsup:

My list:
HOT:
- Sbish interlock (I'm hoarding a measly 3 pairs of shorties)
- Wool interlock in general
- Super trim AIOs (I keep hearing a lot about Tots Bots, Simplex, and definitely Rainshine Designs are on my buy list. I'm currently doing a trade for some Bugga Bugga Boutique AIOs :lostit:)
- Knitting, and knitting patterns that grow with your kiddos
- Yarn
- One-size diapers (to my chagrin... sigh)
- Quality prefolds, flats, prefitteds
- Hybrid fitteds
- that BG Albert print... (DH would love this, even though we're expecting a girl)

Not so hot (IMO, of course):

- Contours (seriously, when was the last time you saw one?)
- Hybrid system disposable inserts (has everyone just figured out that it's a glorified disposable?)
- Crappy diaper warranties with "no hot water/no bleach" clauses

What I'd love to see:
- Someone come up with a fastener system that's better than pins, snappis or boingos

Aidensmommalove 09-11-2012 02:12 PM

:popcorn:

Moonfilament 09-11-2012 02:13 PM

Re: What's HOT (or not) in the cloth diapering world?

I just have to say -- we have the BG Albert print and I *love* it!!!

OrangeBananas 09-11-2012 02:22 PM

:popcorn:

FriedaT 09-11-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleleaf (Post 15668175)
- that BG Albert print... (DH would love this, even though we're expecting a girl)

My girl wore it! But we're not doing PUL anymore due to DD's sensitive skin so it'll be FSOT soon :(

toutoute 09-11-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriedaT (Post 15668249)
My girl wore it! But we're not doing PUL anymore due to DD's sensitive skin so it'll be FSOT soon :(

PM me first FriedaT. I would love an albert print. Please.

ralesiah 09-11-2012 03:06 PM

This is a great thread! I've been off DS for about a year due to life craziness and in the past few days of being back on everything seems different. A couple of years ago, newborn stuff was really hot, people were putting together newborn stashes that where just amazing! Also flats were really popular but now it seems like prefolds are more so. I really like your Not so Hot list, seems pretty accurate!

boysniris 09-11-2012 05:21 PM

HOT: Hybrid fitteds, TRIM Ai2 systems (seems like so many mamas want trim trim trim), Swaddlebees Simplex, cheap pockets from China :sadno:

NOT: Companies with bad CS

ETA: Another HOT -- learning to knit your own woolies

Addicted2Chocolate 09-11-2012 07:55 PM

I can't make a popcorn emoticon via my phone so I'm just gonna say I'm subbing.

My hot list just became anything in the natural fibers family so I can ditch the synthetics.

eileprose 09-11-2012 07:56 PM

lol I'm only a few weeks (6!) into actually using my CDs but i totally agree with your hot list. I even ordered some Swaddlebees based on how much they were talked about here. They should be here by the end of the week lol