Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introducing Solids (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   What does your 10 to 12 month old eat for "lunches"? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442467)

SarahS12 09-11-2012 09:41 PM

What does your 10 to 12 month old eat for "lunches"?

I am having a difficult time coming up with different things for DS to eat. DH is home during the day with him and is even worse with the variety. For breakfast he either has eggs or yogurt and fruit. Sometimes oatmeal. For dinner he has what we eat, what about lunches? He still nurses or gets bm about 5 times a day.

megenic 09-11-2012 09:50 PM

At that age mine love veggie burgers more than anything. I cut up the patties really small and they would gobble them up! They also loved avocado, plain macaroni, cottage cheese, and fruit.

Hungry Caterpillar 09-12-2012 12:33 PM

Re: What does your 10 to 12 month old eat for "lunches"?

My 11 month old eats turkey and cheese in small bits and then some fruit. Another fave meal is pieces of pasta in tomato cheddar sauce with steamed carrots. He probably has each of those twice a week and then we stay away from red sauce pasta for dinner. Dinner is really varied so I don't mind repeating lunches.

He will also eat chicken bits with mostly anything else I put with it so if we have just had roasted chicken for dinner he will have that for lunch next two days with steamed veggies and some fruit.

EmilytheStrange 09-12-2012 03:37 PM

hmm.. I don't remember what my child ate at that age.. prolly whatever I was eating. But here are a few suggestions:

-frozen raviolis. Boil water, toss in a few, voila! If your child is able to pick it up and bite off a piece, awesome, if they still need it cut for them, no problem. I do not give sauce.

-frozen pierogies. Same deal, except they're usually filled with potatoes and cheese as opposed to ravioli meat/cheese/veggies

I have a whole book of recipes, but it would be difficult to type them all out. I recommend 'weelicious.com'

Nightowl Jan 09-12-2012 03:43 PM

Cubed avocado, yogurt, toast with butter, cubed or shredded cheese, soft noodles with tomato sauce, scrambled eggs, soft pears, watermelon, peaches, nectarines, steamed zucchini, broccoli florets, mashed potatoes, rice milk to drink. Stuff like that.

SarahS12 09-12-2012 04:40 PM

Thanks for the ideas!

BrandNewMama 09-29-2012 10:19 PM

DS loooooves black beans and peas. I just warm them up in a saucepot and serve. He also likes lima beans, eggs, mashed potatoes and bananas. Generally I give him bits of whatever I'm eating then supplement with his own finger foods because he is an independent sort. :)

Lifeisjoy 10-02-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar
My 11 month old eats turkey and cheese in small bits and then some fruit. Another fave meal is pieces of pasta in tomato cheddar sauce with steamed carrots. He probably has each of those twice a week and then we stay away from red sauce pasta for dinner. Dinner is really varied so I don't mind repeating lunches.

He will also eat chicken bits with mostly anything else I put with it so if we have just had roasted chicken for dinner he will have that for lunch next two days with steamed veggies and some fruit.

Can you share 'tomato cheddar' sauce? Yumm

Lifeisjoy 10-02-2012 09:54 PM

I feed my 13 month old:
Grilled cheese
Pasta with butter/parm
Rice with melted cheese
Chickens bits
Cream cheese sandwich
Eggs
Biscuits
PANCAKES!
Pizzas
Fruit/veggies of course :)

LinzTAW 10-03-2012 12:16 AM

I did a blog post about this a few weeks ago. Here's a link if you'd like to check it out!

http://www.theaccidentalwallflower.c...er-babies.html

Not much has changed with his diet, but today I did give him some canned carrots that he just loved! I didn't heat them up or anything either :)