Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fat, sick, and nearly dead (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442538)

Mommieof3monkeys 09-12-2012 07:06 AM

Fat, sick, and nearly dead

How many of you have seen this movie? What an eye opener, I had heard of it but just watched it last night. Amazing, how our bodies work. I have juiced before but never as means of sole nutrition. I am going to give this a go. I have amazing energy after I juice just once a day, I am so excited to see how this makes me feels. Weight loss is a huge factor but being healthy is #1. Anyone care to join me?

Gothmommy 09-12-2012 07:15 AM

I tried it for about 3 days... I love it, but I have serious sel-control issues, and juicing can get expensive. :-) I'm out of food money for the month by I'm subbing so maybe I can try for October. :-)

This message won't self destruct in 30 seconds.

Frizabeans 09-12-2012 07:37 AM

My best friend's parents became obsessed with this movie/diet. They actually did loose a bit of weight and have hosted movie nights and juicer giveaways. To be fair before then her father only drank sweet tea and their diet wasn't particularly good at all. I would love to try it but, alas, I don't have a juicer and in general juicing can be really expensive and I just don't have the funds right now.
Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

Mommieof3monkeys 09-12-2012 07:49 AM

Re: Fat, sick, and nearly dead

I too am not rich and I know good produce can be expensive. I sign up each week for a fruit/veggie share, they have it all over the US. Google bountiful baskets. I get a large organic basket each week for $25 the conventional basket is only $15. Juicers can be found on craigslist as well. Just giving you some ideas, and I sure will. Thanks

keithmommy 09-13-2012 01:40 PM

I would love to but I am full time nursing a newborn. But I do juice 2-3 times a day right now.

adjroberts 09-14-2012 03:39 PM

watch food inc. and also food matters

PBAki 09-14-2012 10:03 PM

I did watch it; aside from the health factor it put a big smile all the people he met on the trip.

I couldn't do it...I'd still need meat or quality protein on top.

mjg2043 09-15-2012 01:01 PM

I am a Forks Over Knives person. No meat or dairy here for 3-4 weeks and I've dropped about 5-6 lbs not counting calories or anything.

simplyleah87 09-15-2012 01:29 PM

I watched it last year! I did a two week fast and lost 10 lbs. it also lead me to know about my gluten allergies!

mjg2043 09-15-2012 02:31 PM

It is amazing what you learn about yourself when you cut out foods. I realized what havoc dairy has been playing with my system. I really feel an allergic reaction when I eat something with dairy now. Its weird because I certainly never noticed it before but now that I never eat it the results are so obvious.