Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Morning sickness (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442601)

bumminbeachbabe 09-12-2012 10:23 AM

Morning sickness

How do you deal? I'm currently on the heaviest dose of Zofran (generic, if that makes a difference) that my gp is comfortable prescribing. It helps keep me from gagging and vomiting, but that simmering vomit feeling is still there. I don't want to eat because of it.

I have a call in to my ob, but I can't actually be seen until October 2. They sent a message to the on-call doctor, but said that I may have to go to the ER or Urgent Care clinic to be seen. I would really like to avoid going that route because that means I have to find somebody to watch my boys and possibly somebody to drive me.

momneedssupport 09-12-2012 11:14 AM

Re: Morning sickness

Ugh. I just ate crackers and sipped tea. I didnt actually throw up from it tho. Hope it eases soon!!!

mibarra 09-12-2012 12:01 PM

Milk first thing in the morning helped me. Also taking vitamins at night. Even the thought of pills make me want to gag, I can only take them with milk or soda or they don't make it down. Eat just a little in the morning, then once you feel more settled, eat a little more. I also carry around plenty of snacks so whenever I have a non-nauseous moment, I can eat. I also cheat and drink a Boost on days where I can't force myself to eat anything.

bumminbeachbabe 09-12-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momneedssupport (Post 15672030)
Ugh. I just ate crackers and sipped tea. I didnt actually throw up from it tho. Hope it eases soon!!!

I've got some tea brewing now. Hopefully I'll at least be better hydrated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 15672210)
Milk first thing in the morning helped me. Also taking vitamins at night. Even the thought of pills make me want to gag, I can only take them with milk or soda or they don't make it down. Eat just a little in the morning, then once you feel more settled, eat a little more. I also carry around plenty of snacks so whenever I have a non-nauseous moment, I can eat. I also cheat and drink a Boost on days where I can't force myself to eat anything.

I can't even drink milk when not pregnant :giggle2: I try to choke down a gummi multi and a gummi calcium when I feel like I'll have the most success keeping it down. The problem is that my stomach never feels settled. I try to eat what I'm pretty sure will stay down, but then I'm laying on the couch feel like I'm going to be sick for the rest of the day.

E_Sage 09-12-2012 04:20 PM

That's exactly how I was- Zofran kept me from actually vomiting, but I felt like I was on the edge of vomiting all day, every day. Even with Zofran, I couldn't even drink water or brush my teeth; it was bad. Phenergan with Zofran has been helping me a lot. I felt so much better with the Phenergan that I tried just taking that.... turns out it only makes you FEEL like you're not going to vomit, so I need both meds at once.

mapleleaf88 09-12-2012 11:29 PM

I'm on Diclectin and it's doing the same thing - making me sleepy, so that I can sleep my way through the nausea when DH is home, and keeping me from actually vomiting for the most part when I have to be up and dealing with life. I'm fairly certain I'm becoming dehydrated because even water makes me bleeech. Yesterday I thought that I was going to die.
Good news! Today I felt awesome. Slightly nauseous, but I was able to eat a meal and enjoy it! I wasn't even scared or thinking of what it would taste like coming back up or nothin'! So there are good days out there waiting for you!
I hope that you find a solution - for me, it appears that adding Zantac to Diclectin made a pretty big difference, but I have acid reflux. I hope that tomorrow you can have a good day, too! :)

canadianbakers 09-13-2012 06:29 AM

:hugs:
Hopefully as we get closer to 13 weeks (and the second trimester!) this m/s will be a thing of the past for our group! :crossfingers:

I'm rather glad now that I didn't bother going to the Dr to try diclectin (had considered it) - I haven't vomited, but not for my body's lack of wanting to, kwim? I just really hate puking and fight it like crazy. But there have been a bunch of times I know I could have, if I had just let myself. Instead I lay there and say "NO. I REFUSE to puke." DH laughs at me... and feels sorry for me, too :)
But I have that "I'm going to puke" feeling nearly all day, and then worsening as late afternoon hits and through the evening.

UmmKira 09-13-2012 08:58 AM

With DD2 I felt a nauseous feeling almost all day, and when we went on vacation and I forgot to take my prenatal vitamin, I realized I barely felt sick. I switched up the vitamin and felt quite a bit better. I was no where near what you all are having to battle through, but maybe it could help a little? **hugs**

bumminbeachbabe 09-13-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleaf88
I'm on Diclectin and it's doing the same thing - making me sleepy, so that I can sleep my way through the nausea when DH is home, and keeping me from actually vomiting for the most part when I have to be up and dealing with life. I'm fairly certain I'm becoming dehydrated because even water makes me bleeech. Yesterday I thought that I was going to die.
Good news! Today I felt awesome. Slightly nauseous, but I was able to eat a meal and enjoy it! I wasn't even scared or thinking of what it would taste like coming back up or nothin'! So there are good days out there waiting for you!
I hope that you find a solution - for me, it appears that adding Zantac to Diclectin made a pretty big difference, but I have acid reflux. I hope that tomorrow you can have a good day, too! :)

I'm hoping the good days come soon. I'm glad you felt better yesterday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers
:hugs:
Hopefully as we get closer to 13 weeks (and the second trimester!) this m/s will be a thing of the past for our group! :crossfingers:

I'm rather glad now that I didn't bother going to the Dr to try diclectin (had considered it) - I haven't vomited, but not for my body's lack of wanting to, kwim? I just really hate puking and fight it like crazy. But there have been a bunch of times I know I could have, if I had just let myself. Instead I lay there and say "NO. I REFUSE to puke." DH laughs at me... and feels sorry for me, too :)
But I have that "I'm going to puke" feeling nearly all day, and then worsening as late afternoon hits and through the evening.

I will fight throwing up tooth and nail even though my rational side knows I'd probably feel better if I just got it over with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UmmKira
With DD2 I felt a nauseous feeling almost all day, and when we went on vacation and I forgot to take my prenatal vitamin, I realized I barely felt sick. I switched up the vitamin and felt quite a bit better. I was no where near what you all are having to battle through, but maybe it could help a little? **hugs**

I don't take prenatals for that reason. I start once the ms is gone.

canadianbakers 09-13-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UmmKira (Post 15675997)

:hide: I haven't taken mine since the m/s kicked in. I just can't do it! I couldn't take them in the morning when I actually feel decent enough to, because vitamins tend to give me migraines or IBS troubles (or both). And by bedtime I'm feeling so :puke: that I couldn't stomach them at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe (Post 15676016)
I will fight throwing up tooth and nail even though my rational side knows I'd probably feel better if I just got it over with.

I said the same thing to DH the other day. He said I wouldn't feel any better, cuz it's not like a tummy bug that your body is trying to get rid of, kwim? Ah well, I didn't want to puke and try it anyways!