Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Nov (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Measuring very large (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442647)

clatchford2011 09-12-2012 12:35 PM

Measuring very large

So I am measuring a whole 5 weeks ahead and his weight is becoming a concern. Now I am going every week from here out because my OB is concerned about my size. :banghead: VBAC is looking slim unless I go into labor on my own between 37 & 38 weeks which I am going to try to induce myself because I don't want to have another surgery and I am sure that he will be fine at that point. *sigh* As of now my EDD is supposed to be November 12th but it is looking like the end of October or November 5th. :-\

keidlog 09-13-2012 04:34 PM

Re: Measuring very large

I was measuring 2 weeks ahead for a while, but thankfully, it slowed down, now measuring about spot on. I'm also using for a VBAC. My midwife has me on a low carb, high protein, lowish fat diet in attempt to keep the baby smaller...can you attempt any diet modifications?

keidlog 09-13-2012 04:34 PM

I was measuring 2 weeks ahead for a while, but thankfully, it slowed down, now measuring about spot on. I'm also hoping for a VBAC. My midwife has me on a low carb, high protein, lowish fat diet in attempt to keep the baby smaller...can you attempt any diet modifications?

Clouisey 09-14-2012 07:21 AM

I'm measuring large too. 4 weeks ahead.

How far along are you? My midwife mentioned that amniotic fluid levels tend to peak at this point and reminded me that even if baby is "big", my body can accommodate her. I'm not planning a VBAC but my last birth (home birth that ended in transfer) has left me a bit nervous. Do you have doula support? Have they any reason to suspect your pelvis can't birth a large baby?

I'll keep you in my thoughts Mama. Even though I believe my body can and will successfully birth this baby, I get stressed with worry.

clatchford2011 09-14-2012 08:45 AM

I am 31 weeks measuring 35 weeks.. There isn't much I can do because I eat more whole grain, protein, and calcium to cut down on my hunger. I eat 3 meals a day (not very large ones because I can't eat a lot to start with) and I haven't gained nothing but baby. I am averaging a pound a week. So now I have weekly appointments to monitor both his size and my size. I have an ultrasound next week and at 36 weeks as of now to check his size and my amniotic fluid levels.

I am sure I may be able to birth him. I am still going for my VBAC and if he gets stuck I won't be opposed to a csection if need be. My only concern if he gets stuck is his oxygen supply.

Keme 09-17-2012 12:53 AM

DDC- ((hugs)) mama. Are they concerned for any reason other than you measuring large? I've been measuring 4 weeks ahead since about 28 weeks, and my midwife keeps saying anything 4 weeks in either direction is "okay" .

I hope the ultrasound provides more answers, and that you get your VBAC!

clatchford2011 09-17-2012 03:47 AM

we are going to know Wednesday. I went and got a doula to help me and my husband in this process. No baby is too large to birth. Well unless they are like 12lbs or something.. So if he is looking to be about 9lbs or 10lbs I will push this stinker out of my body one way or another. DH and I agreed that I will labor at home to avoid unnecessary interventions and get a doula to advocate our decision and not immediately run to the OR for no reason.