Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Totally not going to sleep tonight! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442754)

Green Decals 09-12-2012 04:56 PM

Totally not going to sleep tonight!

I haven't had great sleep the last 2 nights over this, and tonight is sure to be a long one. We opted to do the 20 week scan, and it is tomorrow, and I have way more anxiety about it than I should. Is there one or two babies? Will it be obvious what the gender is and spoil our surprise? Will everything be okay with baby (or babies)? I just can't stand it, I have had so many funky dreams lately that it's killing me, I swear I want to know gender now, and then what if it is twins? I told DH that we would have the tech write down gender if it is twins and we can decide later if we want to find out. He said NO WAY! I don't want the tech to spill the beans, but will I be disappointed if I don't get to see and maybe guess for myself? Oh, this is awful! I KNOW it is a boy, but will I be disappointed if it is a girl? No, scared out my my mind maybe... But that would be really cool too. I really, really don't want to know gender, because I had so much anxiety about it when we found out with DS1... I just can't wait to see the baby, and then get the scan over with! :lostit:

Caz 09-12-2012 06:56 PM

Re: Totally not going to sleep tonight!

Aw... :hugs: I hope you are able to get some rest tonight and that you can enjoy seeing your little one(s) tomorrow.

cheezpoofs 09-12-2012 07:03 PM

If you truly don't want to know sex right now, I would recommend not looking at the screen when the tech finds the baby (in case baby is showing butt first) and ask the tech to keep you in the dark about it and turn the screen away or warn you when he's going to look at the pelvic area.... If not, it is very likely you'll be able to guess the baby's sex if you see the area this far along. It's pretty apparent after the eighteenth week, for the most part.

Green Decals 09-13-2012 08:10 PM

I survived! Baby looks great, everything where it needs to be, only 1 baby! The tech was great - she didn't look and the baby had its legs tight together anyway, so we couldn't have seen even if we really wanted to :-)

My_Tree_Grows 09-13-2012 08:53 PM

Perfect! That's the exactly the outcome I'm hoping for, too, glad you had a positive appointment!

Caz 09-13-2012 09:14 PM

Glad your appt went well!

cheezpoofs 09-14-2012 10:05 AM

Glad baby is healthy and you didn't even have to fight the urge to find out sex now. :thumbsup:

lisha622 09-17-2012 11:38 AM

Glad your appointment went great!!!