Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Metformin for fertility.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442803)

MyVintageBliss 09-12-2012 08:03 PM

Metformin for fertility....

I had the dreaded well woman exam today but I have a fantastic doctor so it wasn't really that bad. We've been trying for 3 years next month. I got pregnant at the beginning of the year but had a missed miscarriage at the end of February and beginning of March. So my charts look great so he wants to start me on Metformin which is a drug for diabetics. He said this will kick my ovulation into gear. Does anyone have any experience with this? He said it will make me feel nauseated but is usually really effective. Has anyone used this before?

mamatoclaire 09-12-2012 08:12 PM

I got pregnant with DD on Metformin, but only took it because I'm insulin resistant. I also wasn't having cycles or ovulating - PCOS and insulin resistance tend to go hand in hand. So the metformin helped my insulin resistance, which helped balance my hormones, which let me ovulate.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

l_Kimmie_l 09-13-2012 08:37 AM

Re: Metformin for fertility....

I also used it for PCOS and it returned my fertility. I got 3 babies due to it. It also helped my milk supply after giving birth and controled my weight and GD while PG.

Hi-Dog 09-13-2012 08:46 AM

I took metformin due to PCOS, I started ovulating within a month of taking it (I had previously very "off" cycles and wasn't ovulating regularly--was using OPK). Within 2 months of using metformin and OPK, I was pregnant! I am currently watching my 5 month old baby girl play, which is thanks, in part, to taking this drug!

812ajack 09-13-2012 10:04 AM

I took it for my first 3 kids along with clomid and just started taking again 2 days ago. I just have to make sure to eat with it or I never hold it down. I am also insulin resistent and have PCOS

Good luck:goodvibes:

MyVintageBliss 09-13-2012 08:35 PM

Thanks, that sounds very positive. I don't have PCOS but he says this is to guarantee that I will ovulate even though he's sure I already do. :) I hope for some positive news like all of y'all!!

Babybliss 09-16-2012 10:00 PM

Nevermind. Thanks anyway!

Maddalena 09-16-2012 10:22 PM

I'M IN THE SAME EXACT BOAT! I don't have PCOS but Dr put me on metformin. I'm on my second cycle of it. Not preggers yet but hopefully soon. How many mg are you on? I'm on 1,000 :/

l_Kimmie_l 09-17-2012 10:29 AM

It takes 3 months to really begin working.

Maddalena 09-17-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
It takes 3 months to really begin working.

Well....that's ok. We are in the midst of a big move to SC from NY. We are just ntnp for now. God it feels so good to not to temp, pee on sticks or stress!