Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vbac (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Transverse at 33 weeks? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442903)

2+2macht4 09-13-2012 07:21 AM

Transverse at 33 weeks?

I am 33 weeks (just shy of) an baby is transverse. For the first time ever I saw concern in the miwives face an she hinted that vbac may be out.

She said the usual if my water breaks lay down and call 911.

But I am curious with vbac and transverse at what point do the doctors usually say thats it we schedule a csection?

I know when I was given the option of an elective csection itw ould have been scheduled in week 38. So only 5 weeks out. I assume its the same time for transverse.

Buit how long do they normally allow for flipping before saying the buck stops here, and scheudling?

I have to pay the midwive next month if we plan to do vbac I dont know what to do. My next doc appointment is next friday just curious what to expect. Would he rule c scetion as early as 34 weeks? If not when usually?

2+2macht4 09-14-2012 01:52 AM

Re: Transverse at 33 weeks?

no one?

MunkyCrazy 09-14-2012 05:39 AM

That seems early for too much concern. This bub was still transverse at my 34 week appt but by 35 he had turned head down, although posterior. He's still posterior confirmed by an u/s yesterday.

Van1300 10-19-2012 07:20 AM

I was transverse at 32 weeks. Now at 34 the baby is head down. (I'm getting ultrasounds every two weeks at this point due to complications). I'm having a repeat c-section anyhow, but the baby has plenty of time to turn!

I hope your midwife can give you some suggestions to help. I know lunges are good (just use something for balance).

RachelFlores 10-19-2012 09:37 AM

My baby was breech till 37 weeks when he turned transverse and OB was able to do an external version. Transverse is actually better than breech at the point where you are at because a transvers baby is much more likely to turn (hopefully head down) before birth. A baby can turn from the position they are in up until labor starts. I've even heard of babies turning while in the early stages of labor (not that you would want to wait that long). While I am sure some drs would schedule you for a c-section right now, it seems far too early for that decision to be made. If you pay the midwives and have to switch care in the last weeks they should give you a refund so you won't be out the money. I would suggest asking them what their policy is on late transfers so you have the peace of mind. Check out spinningbabies.com for some ideas of things you can do to help your little one turn.

songbird516 10-19-2012 09:05 PM

I just talked to a mom who had her breech baby turn at 39 weeks after she did some of the spinning babies exercise s and cranio-sacral therapy. there is always hope :) oh and this mom is attempting a vbac also!

me_just_me 10-25-2012 12:46 AM

My baby was still transverse at 32 weeks. I did lots of the spinning babies exercises and by my 36 week appointment baby had turned. My OB wasn't worried at the 32 week appointment, she said there still was time to turn and she was right!

2+2macht4 10-25-2012 12:48 AM

He turned :)

umphreysmommy 10-25-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1
He turned :)

Yay!! Great news! Hope you get your VBAC, mine was very healing

2+2macht4 10-25-2012 02:40 PM

Due in 3 days. Well 3 to 10 depending who you ask lol.