Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   nuvaring... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442957)

thirdtimemomma 09-13-2012 10:07 AM

nuvaring...

I feel like Crap! It's day 2 on the Nuva ring and I'm dizzy, my ears are ringing, head aches, nausious, tired, super emotional... I feel like I do when I'm pregnant.. will this go away? Will it take 2 months? This is ridiculous... :)

Vicki- Wife to my Pastor Hubby 13 years, HS Mama to my 7 blessings ages 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1 and baby 5/29/12.

brandyragus 09-13-2012 10:44 AM

Re: nuvaring...

I had a horrible time with it:yuck: I began to get heart palpitations, depression n anxiety. my dr said "take it out" my symptoms only got worse...

iwiamandaiwi 09-13-2012 10:48 AM

I'm pretty sure I have seen those lawyer malpractive commercials for nuvaring. I think it was because it caused blood clots or heart problems or something. But maybe I am wrong, I can't imagine they would still be allowing people to use it if this was the case

clothdiapercrunchy 09-13-2012 10:51 AM

I had a nuvaring, it caused bladder hypertrophy and swelling in the vaginal wall where it sat against. It was by far my favorite birth control though, I was sad. All hormonal birth control increases your risk for stroke, heart attack, and blood clots.

momof3boys1girl 09-13-2012 11:38 AM

:(

firemommaof1 09-13-2012 11:40 AM

I've heard horror stories about it. Not sure how long those symptoms will last but be in tune with your body... sounds like it's saying get this thing out of me lol.

JasmineMama 09-13-2012 12:25 PM

I had it, and I hated it. I had all the symptoms that you are noticing. They did get better after 3ish months...but then I started to have very bad anxiety. After I stopped using it, the anxiety resolved itself within a month or so.

thirdtimemomma 09-13-2012 01:10 PM

What did you ladies choose after taking Nuva ring out?

Vicki- Wife to my Pastor Hubby 13 years, HS Mama to my 7 blessings ages 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1 and baby 5/29/12.

A21Lee 09-13-2012 01:27 PM

The Ortho Evra patch is a nice alternative to the pill or ring. There are stroke and blood clot risks with any hormone-containing birth control, though. Now-a-days they are all designed to be as low-dose as possible but still effective to decrease your risk of clots. The symptoms you are experiencing are variable person-to-person with how long they will last and could be expected with any BC when you start it new. To be protected you should try to stick with it and it will get better as your body gets used to the synthetic hormones and cuts down on your own production of hormones, but if you really can't stand how you feel, go barrier method and talk to your MD about something else. There are BC alternatives that don't contain hormones if you're looking for something more long term like a copper IUD. Good luck and feel better!