Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Irritated with my own irritability (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442967)

amb2j 09-13-2012 10:16 AM

Irritated with my own irritability

Anyone else in this boat?! Ugh! Last pregnancy, I was IRRITABLE! I mean, anything and everything set me off and poor DH received most of it. It scarred him out of wanting to even think about having another baby until now. Well, the irritability is definitely back. This time though, Im able to recognize it for what it is, and not take it out on DH. The only sucky part is that even though I can control the irritability, it doesnt automatically mean Im warm and fuzzy. I dont really want to spend any time with DH (which is not the norm) and that stinks for him b/c his love language is quality time:-(. He is trying to be understanding, but I think its starting to wear on him :-(. Its made even more difficult b/c he works rotating shifts so he rarely sees me as it is. When he does, Id honestly rather sleep or honestly, just not be around him b/c it would require that I be warm and fuzzy and cuddly which just icks me out right now. DH is an AMAZING guy. Its not him, its me and my hormones. But, it doesnt change the situation. Just wanted to vent, say Im tired of feeling this way already (but glad Im able to attribute it to hormones and NOT DH), want to feel fond about DH again, and want to know if anyone else can relate?

Ive been behaviorally doing more things for/with DH, but it stinks that my heart isnt in it! Darn hormones!!!

twinpossible 09-13-2012 12:00 PM

Re: Irritated with my own irritability

I am a bag of hormones too but it's rarely directed toward DH, sometimes he will set me off but I was close to the breaking point. My mom is the person who usually gets all my preggo rage but she starts it most of the time!

amb2j 09-13-2012 12:04 PM

LOL! Glad to hear Im not the only irrational one! I think DH gets it b/c I spend the most personal time with him. At work, my job is to be very rational, level headed and give others advice. At home, I guess I just cant hold it together for another moment and I let it all hang out!

roseyroberts 09-13-2012 12:14 PM

Yeah, I am super irritable with dh too. Everything he says or does irritates me. Some of it he deserves..some not. (like bringing coffee to the bedroom when the first whiff makes me want to hurl. He says "i didn't know it still bothers you" really? Cause I have told you every.single. Day. At least twice a day, for the past 6 weeks. ) and as far as being intimate...just the thought makes me irritable!

amb2j 09-13-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I am super irritable with dh too. Everything he says or does irritates me. Some of it he deserves..some not. (like bringing coffee to the bedroom when the first whiff makes me want to hurl. He says "i didn't know it still bothers you" really? Cause I have told you every.single. Day. At least twice a day, for the past 6 weeks. ) and as far as being intimate...just the thought makes me irritable!
Thanks for sharing!! Goodness, I was feeling like Im the only one! Its like, everything that bothers me is magnified....and its exponetially magnified for DH for some reason! Even if Im not being irritated with him (which Im VERY good about this pregnancy) he can still tell Im generally irritated (like a simmering pot ready to boil over) and this is hard for him to be around (and rightfully so). The thought of being touched makes my skin crawl (even though I still get in the mood often-go figure!), so even thinking of snuggling makes me dry heave! Thank God he is on swing shift this week so I wont see him at all (just talk on the phone). That way I wont be around him and itll be easier to manage the felt irritation :-) I just cant wait until these hormones level out a bit! I feel so bad for my wonderful DH and sorry his wife is a bag of irritation.

Maeve Baby 09-13-2012 02:12 PM

You are not alone. I was actually going to post about this last week because I thought I was going to explode!

DH does get some of it, usually for some thing did and he usually deserves it. Some things though he can not help for instance I can not stand the sound of him drinking coffee or water. Coffee he swishes I swear around in his mouth before he swallows even though he denies it- I can not stand the sound. And when he drinks water it's like he opens his throat is some sort of super human discussing way and the sound is makes MAKES my skin crawl. Last pregnancy I would actually plug my ears because it irritated me SO much.

I am lacking patients greatly with my children as well and end up being very short with them. I am trying to recognize and take a deep breath and think before I yell to find a better alternative. DD and DS are testing the limits and I try to do one warning and them a time out but carrying a 40lbs 3 year old having a fit up the stairs is almost impossible. I just want them to listen but that's not going to happen, they are just at the testing age so I'm doing the best I can. When DH is home I rely heavily on him to step if up with parenting so I can have a bit of a break. BTW my children are very well behaved little angels for others-it's just me who gets all their delicious naughty behaviour...:banghead:

twinpossible 09-13-2012 03:11 PM

Ahh children. Mine are driving me up a wall too. Both are teething toddler molars and one has a cold. They just plain stopped playing by themselves and insist on me entertaining them all the time.

As for sounds that irritate that is where I get off a little easy, I am hard-of-hearing so many sounds just pass me by. Smells are a whole other monster. I have such a crazy preggo nose! We had to stop giving the puppy wet food because if I smelled it anywhere I would throw up. The smell of my girl's diapers are also getting to me and sometimes make me hurl.

My students are driving me nuts this semester, I simply have NO patience for whiny college students. It is also bugging me that some are calling me by my first name, I didn't go to graduate school, get four degrees, and teach for 7 years to be called Anya!

Sunshine915 09-13-2012 03:17 PM

Ohhhhh my poor DH. He is honestly amazing, and stepped up with everything from dishes to laundry to diaper duty without one single complaint. Yet, he's suffered the majority of my mood swings. The kids, too...they're at the testing stage as well. Luckily I've chilled out for the most part and my moods are back to normal. I had a miscarriage earlier in the year, so I've basically been a hormonal mess since January! It's been a looooong "first tri."

Sunshine915 09-13-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinpossible
My students are driving me nuts this semester, I simply have NO patience for whiny college students. It is also bugging me that some are calling me by my first name, I didn't go to graduate school, get four degrees, and teach for 7 years to be called Anya!

Ooooh that would make me so mad. When I was a kid I ALWAYS used Mr. and Mrs. with my friends' parents and would like that same respect. You don't see that much in my area now. At least assume the formal way when addressing adults (and professors) and then be corrected the other way. Maybe I'm weird and old-fashioned, though.

More on grouchiness, I have this gossipy/liar friend that I've told off twice, and I've been pregnant both times. She is barely tolerable under normal circumstances, but once I'm expecting I just can NOT deal with her and finally tell her to leave me alone. I guess the crazy hormones make me brave, so maybe it isn't all bad. Haha!

amcess721 09-13-2012 03:52 PM

I feel like I've been such a B with an itch lately. I feel sorry after I say/do things, but it's so annoying that I can't control it.