Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Sept (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   90% sure my water broke! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443037)

Michelle_M 09-13-2012 12:41 PM

90% sure my water broke!

I was sitting on the couch Facebooking while my two youngest boys were watching cartoons. All of the sudden I feel a warm "discharge," (normal), but it didn't stop, it kept coming and kept coming.

My panties were COMPLETELY soaked, it soaked through my jeans and a little onto the couch. It didn't smell like pee. So now.. I'm just sitting here waiting to see if contractions kick in.

Called my midwife and spoke with her husband (today is her "office hour" day where she sees clients). He told me to go about my business, time the contractions, and then call and head in when they are 5-1-1. If they aren't 5-1-1 by my appointment this evening (5:30pm) then just come in as scheduled and she'll check me out.

Family has been texted and called. Baby sitter has been texted, and the friend who is observing the birth for her Birth Educator Certification has been called. Facebook status has been posted.... so now it's just sit here and wait.

DH walked in from school on the tail end of my phone conversation with my midwife's husband. And he said "WHAT did you just say?!?!" LOL

He began to panic because he had a school friend in the car that he was giving a ride home to (about 20 minutes away). I told him to calm down, that we have time. Don't speed and get pulled over or in a wreck, but don't dilly dally either. So he's taking his friend home and running a few errands (including going to the store and getting my labor snacks)....

I feel calm, a little anxious, but mostly calm. I feel like "Ok, nothing to do now," and it's driving me a little crazy just waiting. LOL

No more water has come out, so I'm wondering if I just had a massive bladder leak? Could I be THAT clueless after 3 previous kiddos? I think what has me questioning it the most, is that with the boys I felt a very distinct (and uncomfortable) POP when my water broke.. this time it was just suddenly gushing wetness.

Ok.. so that's it. :)
God bless!

iwiamandaiwi 09-13-2012 12:49 PM

Re: 90% sure my water broke!

omg! Good luck!!!

Michelle_M 09-13-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi (Post 15677239)
omg! Good luck!!!

Thanks. I'm kindof in a surreal place... like I am pretty sure my water broke, but nothing is really happening. LOL

Oh... and today is my dad's birthday! LOL

God bless!

Nerissa 09-13-2012 01:01 PM

Sounds like your water to me. Good luck.

Michelle_M 09-13-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerissa (Post 15677296)
Sounds like your water to me. Good luck.

Thanks. :)

God bless!

doulamomma 09-13-2012 01:19 PM

Good luck!!

Sent from my droid

lissa~K 09-13-2012 01:21 PM

How exciting! Good luck!!

erlyjo 09-13-2012 01:38 PM

I'd say it sounds like your water. Best of luck!

bigmamakelsey 09-13-2012 01:40 PM

DDC -

Good luck Michelle - exciting!:D

bluecandi 09-13-2012 01:44 PM

Good luck Michelle!!!! With Avery I had a very distinct POP too...but that was right before she rocketed out lol. Im going to go check FB now!!!