Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Son pulling off trainers at night HELP! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443067)

amb2j 09-13-2012 03:01 PM

Son pulling off trainers at night HELP!

Ok, my DS is 24 months old and completely daytime potty trained. The problem we are having is at night. At night, it doesnt matter what I put him in (unless its a pull up which I HATE using) he manages to pull off, and pee outside of (i.e., in his clothes, crib sheets etc). It doesnt happen everynight. Just maybe 1-2x/week. Whats worked best so far is putting him in a Halo sleep blanket. That way, he doesnt have direct access to his trainers and cant pull them down.

What I think is happening is that he is so well potty learned during the day, that he pulls his pants down even during his sleep when he has to go, and since we arent there to take him to the potty (and since he is in a crib) he just pees on himself with his pants down. It hasnt interrupted his sleep at all, he only pees maybe 1 time/ night so its not a big mess, but its something Id like to have stop if possible. Short of moving him into a big boy bed (which DH isnt ready to do just yet) any ideas? Or...anyone can relate??? Im thinking he just might be ready for a big boy bed so he has the freedom to go potty as he pleases, even though, knowing his personality, something tells me he probably would still pee pee in his bed :giggle:

qsefthuko 09-13-2012 03:26 PM

Re: Son pulling off trainers at night HELP!

Can you put him in sleeper type pajamas. The ones that have to be zipped down. Otherwise set your alarm, get up and take him potty during the night. Another option is to start limiting fluid intake an hour or two before bedtime.

MIpiccolo44 09-13-2012 04:56 PM

If it really is just because he needs to potty I would suggest getting him and taking him when you go to bed. We've been doing it for about a month, and since then we've only had his bed be wet once or twice. Our DS is in underwear all night - but it has really helped. He's in a big bed, but I don't think he would wake up on his own at all!

shortcake2386 09-13-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIpiccolo44 (Post 15678201)
If it really is just because he needs to potty I would suggest getting him and taking him when you go to bed. We've been doing it for about a month, and since then we've only had his bed be wet once or twice. Our DS is in underwear all night - but it has really helped. He's in a big bed, but I don't think he would wake up on his own at all!

:yeahthat: we take my 2 year old to the potty during the night

amb2j 09-13-2012 05:42 PM

Good ideas. We limit fluid after 530- he goes to bed at 8. Unfortunately, being preggo and tired I go to bed with him at 8 lol so I couldn't take him after he goes down unless I set an alarm. My only worry is when I've done that before, he's so upset that he was woken that he refuses to even sit on the potty let alone pee :(

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

amb2j 09-13-2012 07:27 PM

And.. Great idea about the all in one sleeper! Any recommendations for brands that aren't flame retardant??

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

risata 09-13-2012 09:03 PM

You could try a cotton sleeper. If he can unzip it, try putting it on him backwards (you'll need a slightly larger size so that the feet can be twisted around to his front.)

MrsJax11 09-14-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 15677764)
Can you put him in sleeper type pajamas. The ones that have to be zipped down. Otherwise set your alarm, get up and take him potty during the night. Another option is to start limiting fluid intake an hour or two before bedtime.

I agree with all of this.

boysniris 09-14-2012 12:54 PM

will he pull off a diaper that is pinned on? Maybe that's an option...

I remember a couple times my DS1, who was 5 or 6 at the time, pulled his pants down and peed in his sleep...in his bed >:-( He is 7 1/2 now, and wakes up if he needs to go. When he was younger I think I did wake him up around 10pm to take him to the potty. He didn't take off his trainers though...instead he wore them until he was 5 because that's when he stopped having accidents LOL!