Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Poops and pees lying down (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443090)

strongwoman 09-13-2012 03:44 PM

Poops and pees lying down

So my one month old prefers to poop and pee while lying down on a prefold. He's done both while being held but seems to be more comfy with the prefold under him. Do you think he will grow out of this if I just keep being consistent with holding him over a potty? Or, should I just let him be since he is so young and finds this most comfortable?

MeCo7707 09-13-2012 04:23 PM

Re: Poops and pees lying down

I did the "incline" I would hold them in a laying position with an infant potty under them, he will most likely grow out of it, it could just be the position that makes it easier for him.

R055ANA 09-14-2012 02:53 PM

Hi there Strongwoman!

Good for you for figuring out which position is most comfortable for your DS!

Like Meredith, I also did the incline position. This is also great if you are nursing at the same time as pottying. I had the bowl in between my legs and the baby laying across my lap. To make it a little easier to get the contents in the bowl/potty you might want to incline that too but at the same time be careful that it doesn't tip over.

Best wishes!

cathplyr 09-19-2012 05:10 PM

My dd started doing that at 5.5 months and because she already could sit up I gently insisted she do all that in the baby potty and not lying down. she would still prefer to do it that way at almost 10 months. but If I see her starting I put her right on the potty. I think you need to be consistent and gently coax him the way you want it done- over the potty. I realize hes small but its harder to undo a "bad habit" than to start right.

strongwoman 09-19-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathplyr (Post 15705320)
My dd started doing that at 5.5 months and because she already could sit up I gently insisted she do all that in the baby potty and not lying down. she would still prefer to do it that way at almost 10 months. but If I see her starting I put her right on the potty. I think you need to be consistent and gently coax him the way you want it done- over the potty. I realize hes small but its harder to undo a "bad habit" than to start right.

Yah, I've been getting better at catching his poops in the potty- just hard to position him since he is so small. He gets really upset when I hold him in the classic EC position. But, he is ok with me holding him over the potty while cradling him on my left side. I guess it will get easier with time!

strongwoman 09-21-2012 12:52 PM

Finally got him to pee in the potty in a cradled position! Hoping we have many more potty catches!