Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Out there question about dogs... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443123)

3 ladybugs 09-13-2012 06:32 PM

Out there question about dogs...

We have a cavashon who we have had for 2 years (got him right after my radiation treatment, he was my reward for going through that). He has turned into DH's dog as DH does most of the work concerning him.

1 month ago I had a chemical pregnancy but we noticed in the 2 week wait that he was VERY over protective of me. To the point that he would be mad ad DH if he came too close to me. He also HATED the roomba that we used and would bark at it when it would come near me. I left the house when it was running and he didn't seem to think anything of the roomba until I got back home.

I had a frozen embryo transfer on Monday of a hatching blastocyst and Tuesday I think I felt implantation. Since then Fenway (the dog) has been very over protective of me. DH has a habit of telling the baby to "hang on" into my belly and tonight our sweet mild mannered dog mouthed DH!! :jawdrop:

Has anyone else have a dog that acted like this? He isn't the smartest dog in the world so I can't imagine he knows what we are talking about with the transfers. He also wasn't like this in the period between the chemical and the transfer. :headscratch:

Thanks for the help!

Samandy 09-13-2012 06:37 PM

Re: Out there question about dogs...

Well I've seen tons of stuff about dogs smelling out cancer and somehow sensing the onset of seizures, so I do think it may be possible he can tell you were/are pregnant. Other than that I'd have to say that dog, like kids, sometimes just act goofy.

sillyutalktome 09-13-2012 06:51 PM

Dh has a cat that practically hates me but after my successful transfer she became obsessed with me. She sits on no one's lap, yet she has sat on me non-stop since then, she licks me, sleeps next to me and everything. I think animals can definitely tell things. She definitely knew before we did that I was pregnant.

emeyer76 09-13-2012 07:04 PM

My pups get super clingy when I am pregnant :). I started a thread about it a few weeks ago and lots of mamas said their pets seem to sense when they are pregnant. I think its a good sign!

kangasox 09-13-2012 08:53 PM

My dog is crazier than normal when I'm pg. He's done it every time. He actually lunged at someone who came near me the first time and he's never done that before. He's even worse when he can't get to me (like behind a door, fence) and someone is near me, especially men. He typically always lays between me and the entrance to a room too. I love him!

3 ladybugs 09-14-2012 07:20 AM

Thanks everyone! I am pretty sure I was successful this time as this was the embryo I wanted to transfer last time, and the embryologist said last time that embryos that are hatching (4 of my 5 embryos that were frozen were hatching) tend to compact when defrosted or frozen (can't remember when they do it). My last embryo transfer the embryo wasn't hatching. This embryo was CLEARLY hatching about the same as before he/she was frozen. I have been right about things like this, I knew the exact function and day that I would meet my DH. This was much the same. There is a part of me that wishes I could test today but I know I can't. :( I will find out for sure a week from today at beta!

Heather8183 09-14-2012 07:26 AM

Our dog likes to be petted and stuff, but he doesn't think he's a lap dog, and doesn't even attempt it. When I was pg in February (the baby we lost), he spent several days on my lap, with his head on my belly. We didn't have him when we had our other two so I can't say for sure, but I think he knew.

Heather8183 09-14-2012 07:28 AM

Our dog likes to be petted and stuff, but he doesn't think he's a lap dog, and doesn't even attempt it. When I was pg in February (the baby we lost), he spent several days on my lap, with his head on my belly. We didn't have him when we had our other two so I can't say for sure, but I think he knew.

canadianbakers 09-14-2012 10:18 AM

Both my dog and cat were very attentive to me for the first few weeks of this pregnancy - when I was most worried/watchful for another early m/c. They both followed me around and laid near/on me constantly.

Nerissa 09-14-2012 11:26 AM

My dog gets alot more clingy to me when I am pregnant. She folllows me around everywhere. Includeing the bathroom. It is so much fun to pee a 100 times a day with a dogs head in your lap. LOL!!!