Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Buyer requested a refund, what should I do? *PP finally decided! OP updated (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443184)

corinne76 09-13-2012 08:02 PM

Buyer requested a refund, what should I do? *PP finally decided! OP updated

Ok, I sold a wrap to a sweet mama recently. I recieved new from a US store and tried it on once. I owned it maybe 3 days before it sold.
I did notice a small rip on one tail, but noted it and said it didn't look like it would fray. I was completely disclosed in the ad.
That was about 3 weeks ago. Now the buyer is PMing me saying there is a pull, a broken thread or something that was weaved back in with a yellow thread and some other weaving flaw. Now, I didn't go over it with a fine tooth comb, but I didnt notice these.
She requested a refund and to return the wrap. I told that I would rather not have it back since I have no use for it. I offered a partial refund. I pointed out that she has had it for 3 weeks now so there is no way to say when the flaws got there.
Rather than responding to my msg, she went through PP and requested a full refund. Is there anything I can do now besides refund her?

*UPDATE: They ruled in my favor! the funds have been rertuned to my account. woot woot! Thanks for the advice and support mamas. this situation truly sucked.

stevensmom 09-13-2012 08:04 PM

Re: Buyer requested a refund, what should I do?

:(

it's been three weeks. Contact pp and inform them that you had mentioned it's condition in the ad. And that she has had it for 3 weeks. It most likely got snagged on something she had and now she's trying to get her money back :(

corinne76 09-13-2012 08:17 PM

ack! so mad. calling PP now

AnnaRO 09-13-2012 08:30 PM

I agree. You had it for 3 days before you sold it and noted the flaw as you saw it when you sold it. She's had it for 3 weeks and there's no way to verify when the damage happened. A weaving flaw can be highly subjective, so that shouldn't hold any water. I hope that you don't have to refund her.

corinne76 09-13-2012 08:34 PM

Thanks. I contacted PP and the rep said this one is going to be hard since it's a he said/she said thing. She claims that the flaws render the wrap unusable

ajane 09-13-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corinne76 (Post 15679434)
Thanks. I contacted PP and the rep said this one is going to be hard since it's a he said/she said thing. She claims that the flaws render the wrap unusable

Do you still have the listing where you disclosed the flaw? I know this is a seperate flaw, but still. She still purchased something knowing it had a flaw.

corinne76 09-13-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajane

Do you still have the listing where you disclosed the flaw? I know this is a seperate flaw, but still. She still purchased something knowing it had a flaw.

Yes, the post is still up.

jaelynsmommy61607 09-13-2012 08:54 PM

A mod can get the original post if.you edited also.

ajane 09-13-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corinne76 (Post 15679531)
Yes, the post is still up.

I would call them and tell them the web address so they can view it themselves. It helps to have visual proof.

momof3boys1girl 09-13-2012 09:36 PM

yeah 3 weeks is a long time to have something before contacting the seller for a flaw!