Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Matilda Jane? Can someone fill me in? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443196)

GreyMum 09-13-2012 08:42 PM

Matilda Jane? Can someone fill me in?

So, I just saw a Christmas dress and pants sell for a total of $352.50 on ebay! I looked at the Matilda Jane site, and lots of dresses are around $70. Why did this set go for so much? Are there limited Christmas styles available through the site?

I had never heard of Matilda Jane prior to here, so hoping someone could fill me in.

GreyMum 09-13-2012 09:07 PM

Re: Matilda Jane? Can someone fill me in?

Oh, I just figured it out. Platinum collection!

Are there Christmas styles in the regular collection, usually?

Alaga 09-13-2012 09:43 PM

I don't know much about Matilda Jane, but I find the clothes a little homely. Am I the only one?

GEMQEMCABOOSE 09-13-2012 09:50 PM

Nope, you're not alone. I am no MJ fan here. I find the quality questionable, all of it terribly overpriced, and much of it kinda ugly. Thankfully I have no girls. There are some cute pieces to be sure, but none I have seen worth what they cost new or used.

misskira 09-13-2012 10:51 PM

I had to look it up and found a lot of it cute, but that kind of money would stretch a lot farther for good quality with a wahm I think.

flintgirl 09-14-2012 05:58 AM

I think most MJ clothes are just plain fugly. But I think wool is hideous too! It is way to overpriced for ugly old clothes like those. Some of the dresses are cute but not too many. I like Missie Moose better. Colors and fabrics are so much cuter.

mcpforever 09-14-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaga (Post 15679755)
I don't know much about Matilda Jane, but I find the clothes a little homely. Am I the only one?

I honestly think that's the idea. Sweet little girl who is girlie enough to wear dresses, but subdued enough that it's not all sparkles and flashy like the bright glittery stuff that is mainstream everywhere.

The seventies color pallette and fabric combos do not appeal to me though. I would prefer something more Little House on the Prairie-ish.

mamaberkhie 09-14-2012 06:37 AM

Yea, I've liked a few items here and there, but I feel sick spending that much money on one item. And they are just as, if not more, expensive on eBay.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using DS Forum

Frizabeans 09-14-2012 07:00 AM

I like MJ and MissieMoose. But I can make just as cute ( and sometime cuter!) myself for 1/2 the $$ so I go that route.

Only 09-14-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE
Nope, you're not alone. I am no MJ fan here. I find the quality questionable, all of it terribly overpriced, and much of it kinda ugly. Thankfully I have no girls. There are some cute pieces to be sure, but none I have seen worth what they cost new or used.

I thought so as well.

I like the IDEA, as another poster described its girly and sweet without glitter and sparkles but they don't quite hit the nail on the head.

A few things are cute but I could make the same stuff at a fraction of the cost, most is hideous.