Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Anyone else having seconds thoughts about names? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443318)

alaskamum 09-14-2012 10:29 AM

Anyone else having seconds thoughts about names?

I'm scheduled for a c-section this Monday d/t a partial placenta previa, so the deadline has me kind of in a whirl.

And I'm totally second guessing the name we had picked out. I wasn't 100% on the name we had decided on, but it was the best we had come up with. Now I'm thinking of going back to the name I originally picked before we even found out it was a girl.

Anyone else?

Eileen 09-14-2012 11:22 AM

Re: Anyone else having seconds thoughts about names?

I'm still not 100% sure about the name we picked, but I don't really have a better option in mind either so we'll probably go with it since we had such a hard time even deciding on this one.

Do you like the original name you had picked out better? There's still time to switch! We totally second-guessed the boy name we had picked out for DD a few days before she was born (we didn't know her gender ahead) and were SO relieved when she ended up being a girl because we still didn't have a boy option when we went to the hospital to have her :)

alaskamum 09-14-2012 01:21 PM

My original name was kind of an emotional choice; the second name was just kind of a nice choice.

I'm a little emotional again with everything again now, I think that is why I am leaning back toward the original name.

TS8213 09-14-2012 01:24 PM

ddc

For months we had decided on Peyton for our son. Then a few weeks before I was due, I started to feel iffy about it and not love it as much as I previously did. Once he was born, we ended up changing his name to our second choice, Tegan, which we actually seemed to love more than Peyton. His name fits him perfectly and I can't even see him as anything else.

You can always wait until delivery and see what she looks like!

Eileen 09-15-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TS8213 (Post 15682418)
You can always wait until delivery and see what she looks like!

That's a good idea, actually! You could just keep both those names in mind and wait until after delivery to decide for sure. My parents did that will all my siblings and me.

happysmileylady 09-15-2012 01:50 PM

Second guessing? We have only just settled on a name in the last week! I am still not 100% but we can't really agree on any other options. He's going to be Colton Josiah.

HeatherlovesCDs 09-17-2012 09:24 PM

We are still first guessing! I'm 36wks today. We just can't seem to pick. This is our 5th boy and we are really struggling with it. I'm hoping I only have another couple of weeks, so......we better settle on something soon. I'm not one to wait till they are born and then decide. That may be what ends up happening though. It's stressing us out a little bit. :hide:

ETA - We have several we like, about 4. We just can't seem to pick one. *sigh*

photocowgirl 09-18-2012 09:58 AM

Hoping for a healthy babe and c-section for you! Hugs - can't wait to hear your name choice

Sageac 09-18-2012 11:41 PM

We;re really waffling on names. none of them are exciting, and so I've given up thinking about it until she's here. lol... DH says just to do what makes me happy. I think he'd be really annoyed if I just did that tho... cause he hates the name Inez.

kannondicarpo 09-18-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sageac (Post 15702128)
We;re really waffling on names. none of them are exciting, and so I've given up thinking about it until she's here. lol... DH says just to do what makes me happy. I think he'd be really annoyed if I just did that tho... cause he hates the name Inez.

We are still searching for a girl's name. Only Sunday did we finally decide on a boy's name.

I am giggling because I *just* looked up Inez -- it was my Grandma's name!