Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I wanna know- What DON'T you let your kids watch???? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443337)

SamanthaLove88 09-14-2012 11:02 AM

I wanna know- What DON'T you let your kids watch????

What DON'T you let your kids watch?
Kid's shows and movies that is....
Obviously not 40 year old Virgin or anything :giggle:

Joyful Tie Dyes 09-14-2012 11:04 AM

Re: I wanna know- What DON'T you let your kids watch????

My child pretty much watches nothing but PBS shows. Sponge Bob is specifically banned as are super hero type shows.

SamanthaLove88 09-14-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes (Post 15681610)
My child pretty much watches nothing but PBS shows. Sponge Bob is specifically banned as are super hero type shows.

Spongebob is terrible!!! I'm starting to think that Disney shows are too. What about you? I let them watch Mickey Mouse once in a great while but not anything else.

ktmelody 09-14-2012 11:10 AM

Really, the only we have banned is those darn FRED shows. That is the most foul show I have ever seen. Ick.

They mostly watch dora, spongebob, beyblades and pokemon. They only watch about 30 min a day anyways so no biggie. My 2.5 year old loves anything girly like angelina and lalaloopsy.

My teens are banned from R rated movies unless we have prescreened them. There are very few R rated movies they can watch.

Jen's_4 09-14-2012 12:08 PM

My kids watch very very little TV. We only have one downstairs, and it's pretty much "outta sight, outta mind" thing here. If they are watching something it is usually a hooked on phonics video or something on PBS....but that's only about once a month. We are going to get the Little House on the Praire series for Christmas though and they will probably watch an epidsode a week.

Tommys_Mommy 09-14-2012 12:19 PM

We try to do no TV but there are some days when they do watch some. We do not allow any spongebob! I am surprised by how many kids my sons age (3 1/2) do watch it though. I do not like Olivia or Mike the Knight at all. None of the old cartoons like Tom & Jerry, Looney Toons, etc. There really are very few shows they are allowed to watch. We like most of what is on PBS and my kids like Team Umizoomi (I like it too haha) and Jake & The Neverland Pirates.

Sigkap714 09-14-2012 12:31 PM

The only kid shows he sees at our house are Disney Jr or Disney movies. I HATE the majority of Nick's shows and can't handle things like Yo Gabba Gabba. There's nothing other than my inability to remain sane that keeps me from letting him watch other kid shows, though.

kp1721 09-14-2012 12:41 PM

no spongebob.

Samandy 09-14-2012 12:52 PM

Lol Spongebob. We don't have that channel but Grandma does, so we've had to make it a rule. I don't like most violence or anything scary. I'm lucky as my kids love educational videos.

Alaga 09-14-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes

This. Only PBS kids shows and typically only when I'm showering (so DD doesn't torment poor DS), or if I need to be on a work call during the day (I otherwise work at night when DD is in bed).