Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   babywise (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443430)

jensmyname 09-14-2012 02:00 PM

babywise

Any cd moms following babywise? Would love to connect!

escapethevillage 09-14-2012 02:06 PM

Re: babywise

I learned a very little bit about it, and I personally decided it was not at all for me. I MIGHT have considered it before having a baby, but I did things very differently after having a child.

I never reject any one child development philosophy, but I couldn't find enough in that book to be comfortable with for myself.

threec's 09-14-2012 02:10 PM

I do. Need to get on track w/ my 6 week old! We followed it pretty closely with DS2, after learning some hard lessons about sleep with DS1. Now on to DD... she is 6 weeks and I've been in survival mode! Ready to get her on track with a schedule. she sleeps pretty well at night, but daytime is rough. :)

escapethevillage 09-14-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threec's (Post 15682631)
I do. Need to get on track w/ my 6 week old! We followed it pretty closely with DS2, after learning some hard lessons about sleep with DS1. Now on to DD... she is 6 weeks and I've been in survival mode! Ready to get her on track with a schedule. she sleeps pretty well at night, but daytime is rough. :)

I DO put all my daycare babies on a sleeping schedule, and it does make it a whole lot easier on everybody. I put them down at roughly the same time every day, and they happily go to sleep. I have no idea why though.

dancermommy1 09-14-2012 02:33 PM

No. I do not like it.

clnapoli 09-14-2012 02:34 PM

we love babywise:)

jensmyname 09-14-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threec's (Post 15682631)

Yay for making it to 6 weeks! That was always my short term goal where things got drastically better with my first and second.

Daytime is our struggle too. He is consistantly sleeping 45 minutes and then waking. I've tried everything, but since this is my second, I am a lot more laid back. He is super sweet and calm, so we are just rolling with it right now. We are on a consistant 3 hour schedule, I just put him in the swing after he cries for a little when he wakes early. Hoping we have a breakthrough soon.

Good luck to you!

jensmyname 09-14-2012 02:53 PM

Any of you have any experience with babywise and reflux? My son in on zantac and I just can't let him cry for very long. Any advice?

isabelsmummy 09-14-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jensmyname (Post 15682869)
Any of you have any experience with babywise and reflux? My son in on zantac and I just can't let him cry for very long. Any advice?

If there is more than a minute or two of crying going on, you're not doing it right!

The part to really focus on is looking for sleep cues and being aware of how long they can be awake before they get overtired. At first focus on the timing and the routine - do whatever it takes to get him to sleep before he's overtired. Later on, worry about him going to sleep on his own.

In all honesty, most people on this board are very anti-babywise. There are other boards that have good babywise forums.

jensmyname 09-14-2012 04:36 PM

I know there are people here who are very anti-babywise, which is why I asked if anyone here uses it. I am respectful of most any way anyone wants to raise their children and I would hope for the same in return.