Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Talk me down from the ledge please? LOL (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443505)

MamaNae 09-14-2012 05:19 PM

Talk me down from the ledge please? LOL

I had a very early m/c (4-ish weeks) in June (and one around the same time in Sept 2003) so I'm VERY gun shy LOL...got a beta drawn on Tuesday and the numbers were 2069. I think I was on CD31, I typically have 27 day cycles but ovulate semi-late (CD15 usually) but I wasn't temping or anything so I can't say for sure where I was.

Got another one today, CD34 and it was 4640.

My Tuesday draw was like at 2pm, the draw today was 9am. The calculators I found online gave me a 60-something doubling time.

They also said once the HCG number gets above 1200 a 72-hour doubling time is the low end of normal. So this is good right?

sterlids 09-14-2012 05:24 PM

Re: Talk me down from the ledge please? LOL

yes that's good! i understand the anxiety. i had that with the beginning of this pregnancy because i had a blighted ovum 2 yrs ago and the numbers didn't double and stalled out around 1100. this time thought my first draw was around 11:20 and it was around 5400 and then the second draw was around 11 and it was 10,280 or something like that. there was only a 30 difference between the two. i'm currently in my 12th week and everything is just fine! good luck and just try to breath, i know way easier said than done.

MamaNae 09-14-2012 07:31 PM

Thanks!

The dr said I could come in for a 3rd draw on Monday but I'm up in the air about it...On one hand I want the reassurance that it's still going up, on the other hand I'll just make myself insane if it doesn't go up 'enough'

happymama1 09-14-2012 08:45 PM

:hugs: and congrats...this is why we didn't do any blood draws this time around....TOO stressful!

lilbitcrunchy 09-14-2012 09:01 PM

Sounds just fine to me too :hugs: I chose just to do one set. At that high a level, you could just have a ultrasound in a couple weeks. I know it's torture either way though, all the best to you and congrats!

MamaNae 09-14-2012 09:15 PM

I imagine they'll do an ultrasound shortly after my 1st appt, they usually do for dating purposes. My 1st appt is Oct 16 so I'll likely have a u/s that week also. Sometimes they have a u/s machine right in the office and the doctor will do them, other times they make you make a separate appt with radiation, just depends on how adventurous the doctor is I suppose.

I'll probably skip the Monday blood draw, I'll just make myself (more) insane.