Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Name for baby#3 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443571)

kp1721 09-14-2012 08:34 PM

Name for baby#3

My kids are Liam James (4) and Megan Joy (1). This baby's gender is a surprise and I'm having so much trouble finding a name (or even few) that I like enough to really put on the list for when we meet the baby.

We do like Miles for a boy and Liam would like the middle name to be Lucas. I think Miles Lucas goes pretty well. However, I kind want to think of another boy name just in case this baby comes out and is definitely NOT a Miles.

For girl names...I am really at a loss. My husband likes Hannah or Victoria (Tori) with Reese as the middle name. I like Reese a lot, but I'm not wholeheartedly sold on either Hannah or Victoria.

As you can see, I chose simple names for my first two and would like to keep #3 pretty simple/traditional, as well. I think Liam and Megan go pretty well together. I feel like we used our favorite names for the first two, and I just can't settle on anything close to a list for this baby.

Any ideas or suggestions?

kannondicarpo 09-17-2012 12:02 AM

Re: Name for baby#3

No suggestions, sorry. We are struggling too and I just wanted to LYK that you are not alone.

I *think* today we FINALLY have a boy name picked out but we are Team Green so we still need a girl name.

Naming people is not an easy task.

kp1721 09-17-2012 01:42 AM

thanks..I agree that naming is difficult! For me, I think it is actually the hardest part of giving birth

shannychi 10-03-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kp1721 (Post 15692501)
thanks..I agree that naming is difficult! For me, I think it is actually the hardest part of giving birth

Ha! I totally agree. We never found out the gender ahead of time. I have given birth to five children and had to wait two days with the first four before we could choose names. Baby #5 was the only one, when she came out I said her name out loud. I don't know what came over me, but when my mother said it was a girl I said her name and my DH agreed.

SamanthaLove88 10-03-2012 06:58 AM

My first thoughts are if he comes out and you don't like Miles for him- you can do Reese Lucas. If it's a girl you can also do Reese and have the middle name be either Victoria or Hannah. Either way, Reese is gender neutral, very cute and is more common than you think :) And it seems you love it, so just suggesting you can use it either way!

kp1721 10-12-2012 01:48 PM

we ended up with Victoria Reese ("Tori")...the name suits her :)

kannondicarpo 10-12-2012 01:51 PM

Congratulations! We are still waiting for our LO (due Monday) and we have chosen boy names but neither one of us feel 100% about our girl name. :sigh:

kp1721 10-12-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kannondicarpo (Post 15803252)
Congratulations! We are still waiting for our LO (due Monday) and we have chosen boy names but neither one of us feel 100% about our girl name. :sigh:

thank you! It took us a couple of hours to officially name her and it took me a few days longer, still, to get used to it and not just call her "baby" but now in her second week, I think we chose the right name.
I'm sure once you meet your little bundle, you'll chose the perfect name!

Eileen 10-12-2012 02:26 PM

I was going to say that of the two, I liked Victoria Reese the best. Good choice :)