Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What kind of toddler shoes do you like? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443647)

kristinc 09-15-2012 08:03 AM

What kind of toddler shoes do you like?

I am looking for some real, full-on shoes for the kids for the colder wear to come. We already have keens, mary janes coming out of the ying yang, and we are set on both snow & cutesy fashion type boots...so I guess I am asking for other suggestions. And I don't really do gym/running type shoes for the kiddos...more along the lines of shoes that will go with clothes for school. Help me out!!

carriek38 09-15-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristinc
I am looking for some real, full-on shoes for the kids for the colder wear to come. We already have keens, mary janes coming out of the ying yang, and we are set on both snow & cutesy fashion type boots...so I guess I am asking for other suggestions. And I don't really do gym/running type shoes for the kiddos...more along the lines of shoes that will go with clothes for school. Help me out!!

Land's End All Weather Mocs got DD through fall & winter last year.

LionMama 09-15-2012 08:24 AM

I'm a big fan of stride-rite shoes. My son (14 months) has wide feet so it's been harder to find him nice comfy shoes. They are spendy though, but we have an outlet by our house and there is almost always a sale so that helps a bit. They have really cute styles too.

lil_jodi 09-15-2012 08:26 AM

Re: What kind of toddler shoes do you like?

skechers

Hands&Fire Pottery 09-15-2012 08:33 AM

Maybe you already have them, but I like the Mary Jane type Merrell shoes. They are cute, but easy to get on, and more athletic than most mary janes.

brookglen 09-15-2012 08:38 AM

My kid wears Vans and Chucks almost exclusively. I'm not intentionally trying to raise a hipster, I swear.

~Laura~ 09-15-2012 08:39 AM

I love Merrells, See Kai Run and Sperry. I seem to be the only person who despises Sketchers and Stride Rite. They seem too heavy to me. My DS2 loves his Sperry shoes and they go from church to play.

KaleidoscopeEyes 09-15-2012 08:40 AM

havent figured it out yet, DD is still wearing Robeez but she's almost 3 so she wont be able to for long. everything i have found are way too stiff and i dont want to spend $40 for a pair of baby shoes

Rockinmama24 09-15-2012 08:41 AM

Stride Rites all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

~Laura~ 09-15-2012 09:25 AM

My DD wears Crocs, Uggs, Pumas or Primigi Mary Janes and she does fine. My boys do need other kinds of shoes though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes (Post 15685800)
havent figured it out yet, DD is still wearing Robeez but she's almost 3 so she wont be able to for long. everything i have found are way too stiff and i dont want to spend $40 for a pair of baby shoes

I've found lots of See Kai Run on sale for $15-ish. :goodvibes:

This is my issue with shoes, I want to be able to bend them so my kids aren't stomping around.