Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone use glass bottles??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443741)

holly6737 09-15-2012 01:34 PM

Anyone use glass bottles???

I'm going to be going back to work (hopefully- so long as they don't fire me while on maternity leave!) soon after the baby is born, so I'm going to need to pump and bottle feed at least part time. I want to use GLASS bottles this time. I've been looking at brands and there are just so many choices.

Anyone use glass bottles and can recommend a brand? Looks like Avent has some glass bottles out now, that's probably what I'm leaning towards. Anyone use their bottles and have any recommendations? DH is worried they'll break a lot. I don't know how much of an issue that will be?

TIA!!

Elijah'sMama 09-15-2012 01:40 PM

Re: Anyone use glass bottles???

not sure how i will actually like them as my LO is not here yet but i have a 3-pack of the 5 oz born free glass bottles, it came with a silicone sleeve. i'm hoping that will help with the breakage issue.

Mercy24 09-15-2012 02:04 PM

I've got Dr. Brown's glass and I really like them, I've dropped them and let my 9 month old play with them and never had one break. They're very thick and sturdy, you'd really have to chuck it or change temps super rapidly to break them.

stringbean02 09-15-2012 02:04 PM

I tried them. I didn't end up sticking with glass because they were heavy to hold for the whole feeding especially when full (I never taught/wanted my babies to hold their own bottle...and with glass I dont think they could even if I did lol). I used Dr Browns (glass and plastic) and besides the weight (they all weigh about the same from my experience) I liked them. I mean, it's not like a huge weight...I just got tired of holding it after a while, and after being used to plastic from my 1st :P lol

itiswhatitis1984 09-15-2012 02:21 PM

I have the evenflo ones that have a silicone sleeve that goes over them. I haven't used them yet (due April). I decided on those because they are inexpensive and since I'm breastfeeding the majority of the time I didn't want to spend a ton of money on them knowing they won't be used much. I didn't want plastic because I feel like they don't clean as well as glass. I feel like the plastic holds onto things (bacteria and odors).
On a side note I was trying to find a bottle drying rack that worked well with the glass bottles because of their weight. I didn't find any that have arms that extend from them that we're strong enough to hold the weight if the glass. However, there's one that looks like grass (I think it's boon but it's been awhile since I've looked at it.) that had the best reviews on amazon.

Belle1002 09-15-2012 03:55 PM

I had Born-Free and Evenflo. I did not like the Born-Free design, feel, or parts. The Evenflo were so inexpensive, simple, and indestructible. I'd definitely recommend Evenflo if you're going with glass.

jennym91005 09-15-2012 04:34 PM

evenflo were awesome. i only broke one bottle and that was when i dropped it on the cement driveway. i dropped one at chuck e cheese, but the only thing that broke was the ring around the nipple. they are super thick and sturdy. they are a nice classic shape which i like, and they are cheap. i loved them, if i have another, i will use them again

danielle 09-15-2012 04:45 PM

Loved the Evenflo.

pumkinsmommy 09-15-2012 04:47 PM

I used evenflo with a different brand of nipples. I really never needed the large size ones. The most my daughter would drink was about 5 oz which would fit in the small size. I never had a problem. I would pump right into them using a hospital grade pump.

Hopefulily 09-15-2012 04:50 PM

I have the dr brown bottles. I just pump straight into them! I have no issues with them. My mom, husband and sitter feed my LO with them and there have been no issues! I highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum