Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Stand my ground or cave? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443816)

KCmomma 09-15-2012 06:04 PM

Stand my ground or cave?

DD-5 got into trouble and was sent to her room for time out. She decided to pull all her clothes out of her drawers and closet with lots of back talking. I told her in order to get out she had to put her clothes back in the dresser and her hang up clothes on her bed. It is coming up on dinner time and she has yet to pick up one single item. Should I let her out to eat dinner with the family or make her eat dinner in her room? Right now she is only allowed out of her room to potty.

HeatherlovesCDs 09-15-2012 06:07 PM

Re: Stand my ground or cave?

Since we don't allow food in the bedrooms, I would probably let her eat dinner. We have a eat in kitchen and a dinning room. I'd make her eat in the opposite. But, if you don't, I'd just let her eat. BUT, then straight back up.

TinaDeanette 09-15-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCmomma
DD-5 got into trouble and was sent to her room for time out. She decided to pull all her clothes out of her drawers and closet with lots of back talking. I told her in order to get out she had to put her clothes back in the dresser and her hang up clothes on her bed. It is coming up on dinner time and she has yet to pick up one single item. Should I let her out to eat dinner with the family or make her eat dinner in her room? Right now she is only allowed out of her room to potty.

I would let her eat it with the family, on a time limit, then send her back to clean up her clothes.

AnimalHouse 09-15-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs (Post 15687693)
Since we don't allow food in the bedrooms, I would probably let her eat dinner. We have a eat in kitchen and a dinning room. I'd make her eat in the opposite. But, if you don't, I'd just let her eat. BUT, then straight back up.

:yeahthat:

Geckmumto3 09-15-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette (Post 15687694)
I would let her eat it with the family, on a time limit, then send her back to clean up her clothes.

This is what I would do, as well. In our house that would likely diffuse the frustration and allow her to reset.

cristy_1996 09-15-2012 06:34 PM

I'm mean, she would stay until she cleaned it up and if it wasn't cleaned up in time, she would go to bed without dinner. I think I would do that though because I know that would motivate both of my boys to get it cleaned up ASAP. They do NOT like to miss out on family time.

Angel89411 09-15-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette

Another vote for this.

Mom2Connor 09-15-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristy_1996
I'm mean, she would stay until she cleaned it up and if it wasn't cleaned up in time, she would go to bed without dinner. I think I would do that though because I know that would motivate both of my boys to get it cleaned up ASAP. They do NOT like to miss out on family time.

Seconded

happysmileylady 09-15-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristy_1996 (Post 15687787)

I agree with this.

z2akids 09-15-2012 07:19 PM

She's five. Assuming she doesn't have diabetes or another condition that would make it dangerous.to.miss a mean, I would make her stay in her room and clean ecen if it meant missing a meal.