Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   How long till pp cycle regulates? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443936)

momEmac 09-16-2012 09:24 AM

How long till pp cycle regulates?

Hi ladies! I'm still breastfeeding my 9 1/2 mo DS and I got my first pp AF 33 days ago. This month I'm still waiting on it. I'm 4 days late. I usually have an extremely predictable 28-29 day cycle and this is driving me absolutely nuts! I'm guessing I just ovulated late in the cycle (I can usually detect it by cm but this month it looked like I o'd twice, so.....).
Here's the catch: I normally wouldn't let it get to me too much (I like things predictable but I'd deal with that), but we are supposed to be tta. We've been using the barrier method and I've been leaving it up to my husband to make sure that part is taken care of since I did hormonal bc for 2 1/2 years before getting pregnant. I figured it was his turn, lol. The problem is, he's been pulling out a lot lately and I know this is much less effective and so does he. I would be ok with another little one but a little overwhelmed since we've had a crazy year and have just moved and are in the process of buying a house. So any way, long story short, I'm waiting on AF (or a bfp) but don't really know when to expect. I don't really get into testing everyday, so right now I'm just testing every few days. But this is driving me nuts! Any one have experiences to share? I could really use some encouragement. :/

Posted from my iPhone/iPad, probably while breast feeding. Mistakes likey

l_Kimmie_l 09-16-2012 09:30 AM

Re: How long till pp cycle regulates?

It took me 3 months to ovulate the first time after getting AF back. You may not be ovulating or ovulating late. I ovulated the first time PP on CD 30 and did not expect it. I was temping and we were tta, I got DS3 that day. I would not count on a regular cycle for awhile. If you really do not want another right now, I would use BC each time.

Bella Catalina 09-16-2012 09:58 AM

I've had AF return at 6m PP both times, and the first cycle has been 6-7 weeks, the second 5-6weeks, and both anovulatory. I start ovulating on the 3rd cycle, but very late and with a 3-4 day LP. You definitely cannot and should not rely on CM while nursing, at least not until you've had a good few months of regular cycles. Your body will produce EWCM while trying to release an egg, but it can take a few attempts until the hormones reach the threshold, hence you seeing fertile CM twice.

momEmac 09-16-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella Catalina
I've had AF return at 6m PP both times, and the first cycle has been 6-7 weeks, the second 5-6weeks, and both anovulatory. I start ovulating on the 3rd cycle, but very late and with a 3-4 day LP. You definitely cannot and should not rely on CM while nursing, at least not until you've had a good few months of regular cycles. Your body will produce EWCM while trying to release an egg, but it can take a few attempts until the hormones reach the threshold, hence you seeing fertile CM twice.

That's good to know about the cm. I'm not used to not knowing all these things ahead of time. I'm one of those people who research everything ahead of time and like to feel prepared. But life has been crazy and I wasn't really anticipating any possibility of pregnancy. I guess once I figure out what is up this cycle I need to have a sit down and have a talk with DH and make a plan. I'm ok with whatever he wants, I just like to know what we're doing, if you know what I mean.

cathplyr 09-17-2012 08:30 PM

I got my first af 4 months pp and I'm sure thats when I started ovulating too. a couple cycles I ovulated day 19 some day 14 and some day 12. the first few cycles were 5 weeks but everything from then on has been regulated. also the first few cycles pp I had alot of CM after ovulation. so like the other posted said- dont rely on that for a few cycles. I am almost 10 months pp and am still exclusively breast feeding. My DH has a very unique way of looking at birth control. Here is his take on condoms, hormonal birth control and pulling out: since these methods are not 100% reliable the 1%? failure rate could result in a less than healthy baby because of a weak sperm could escape and get to the egg without having to compete with the stronger sperm. in the case of BC he is worried about a damaged egg getting fertilized. that being said-its an all or nothing deal. he gives me the choice if I want to take a risk that particular day. Its not a big deal b/c Im only fertile 1 week out of the month. usually we just abstain that week. I hope you are getting a good price on your house in kentucky. houses here in southwest florida are dirt cheap b/c we have been hit pretty hard by the depression. one man was selling his 3 or 4 high-end condos for 4k. he just wanted to cover his closing costs. talk about despair! so dont worry too much. hope everything works out!

momEmac 09-18-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathplyr
I got my first af 4 months pp and I'm sure thats when I started ovulating too. a couple cycles I ovulated day 19 some day 14 and some day 12. the first few cycles were 5 weeks but everything from then on has been regulated. also the first few cycles pp I had alot of CM after ovulation. so like the other posted said- dont rely on that for a few cycles. I am almost 10 months pp and am still exclusively breast feeding. My DH has a very unique way of looking at birth control. Here is his take on condoms, hormonal birth control and pulling out: since these methods are not 100% reliable the 1%? failure rate could result in a less than healthy baby because of a weak sperm could escape and get to the egg without having to compete with the stronger sperm. in the case of BC he is worried about a damaged egg getting fertilized. that being said-its an all or nothing deal. he gives me the choice if I want to take a risk that particular day. Its not a big deal b/c Im only fertile 1 week out of the month. usually we just abstain that week. I hope you are getting a good price on your house in kentucky. houses here in southwest florida are dirt cheap b/c we have been hit pretty hard by the depression. one man was selling his 3 or 4 high-end condos for 4k. he just wanted to cover his closing costs. talk about despair! so dont worry too much. hope everything works out!

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's just weird not being able to tell what's going on with my body when I am usually able too. AF is still MIA and I'm now 6 days late. I'll probably test again tomorrow (was going to test today but I forgot when I woke up and I like to use fmu). I have been having some cramping and bloating off and on for a few days, but I've had a little bit of gluten the last few days so could be the cause. I was also nauseous last night, but that could be my gall bladder. I'll just have to wait and see.

Real estate in this county is a little different than in other parts of the state or country. It's still a lot higher, it's come down a little, but not a lot. But we were very blessed to find an awesome deal! I'm really excited about the house we found and it's in our budget. I was starting to think we'd have to settle for a tiny starter home to get in a good neighborhood. I can't wait to get into our beautiful new home.