Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Found heartbeat(s) MoM please weigh in (loss mentioned) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443965)

yellowitchgrl 09-16-2012 09:45 AM

Found heartbeat(s) MoM please weigh in (loss mentioned)

I will be 19 weeks on Tuesday. I haven't been to see anyone about the pregnancy because I kept losing babies around 15 weeks so I wanted to wait it out (doctor fear-hater here). I was supposed to be seen last week, but they canceled and I am getting seen now at 20 weeks.

I wasn't feeling movement this morning so I checked for a heartbeat and instantly the doppler got smacked, so okay relief, but still wanted to check the heart (my doppler doesn't have a BPM counter), I go hunting and find one heartbeat nice and strong near my pelvic bone on the right, then I did a quick scan around to see where the placenta is now (it's on the move constantly) and found another heartbeat, nice and strong in the upper left area. So I went back down to see if it's still down near my pelvic bone, and yes, still there too. They were found about 6" apart (baby is about 5-6" long right now I think). The heartbeat(s) sounded similar enough that I couldn't tell if they were a different rate.

Maybe I'm getting both front and back of the baby?

Twins are great and all, but I have had a heck of a time keeping 1 baby alive. I don't want to walk in to my appointment in a week and get totally blind-sided with "hey you're having twins" but at the same time, I don't want to be worried unnecessarily about twins if this is normal for singletons and I'm just not remembering since it has been 5 years since I've been this far along.

Any thoughts would be great.

newmommy13 09-16-2012 10:03 AM

I can't answer your question but you are always in my prayers. :hugs: every time I check on you and the pregnancy I get a lump in my throat. I am so happy you are still pg! And this far along! :)

yellowitchgrl 09-16-2012 10:14 AM

Re: Heartbeat(s) Question please way in (loss mentioned)

Thank you!

pine_apple_goat 09-16-2012 10:57 AM

I don't have any help I'm sorry, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that this pregnancy goes smoothly. Good luck at your appointment.

If it were me I would probably just assume there is two in there and that way if the doctor confirms it then it wont be such a shock, and if there is only one then you don't have to keep thinking and worrying about there being two. Hugs.

7arrows4God 09-16-2012 11:05 AM

The heart beat can echo and pick up clear across the belly. So there is still a good chance that there is just one. I have had it happened many times, and even sound different. But again there is alway still that chance. :O)

Trynitey 09-16-2012 11:09 AM

The hearbeat can "travel" so to speak. Baby is actually about 6" from crown to rump, so probably, in reality, closer to 10" total, so not so small :)

xtin 09-16-2012 11:09 AM

^ I agree, probably an echo through the amniotic fluid.
Twins would be fun, though!

thealmightyme 09-16-2012 11:18 AM

Twins are fun and scary at the same time. Good luck to you. Yes the heartbeat can Echo.

yellowitchgrl 09-16-2012 11:47 AM

You have made me feel better. Thanks everyone.

ChelseaGirl7 09-17-2012 08:35 PM

Re: Found heartbeat(s) MoM please weigh in (loss mentioned)

Oh, I'm Thrilled for you! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!