Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   KAL! Sept 16-22. Knit a present! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444035)

EskimoStitches 09-16-2012 02:39 PM

KAL! Sept 16-22. Knit a present!

:knit:

Dayzee1081 09-16-2012 02:46 PM

Woot! :) time to finish ds's hat and start working on gift hats!

MrsStripe 09-16-2012 03:08 PM

Re: KAL! Sept 16-22. Knit a present!

Hmm, not sure I'll get to knitting a present, but it will be a present to get what I am working on done.

And, I almost have a front porch without railings. DH has the top layer and the bottom layer done. He just needs to figure out what he is doing making 2 steps. He said for some reason his measurements are off so now he needs to rethink them. But, I can walk out my front door and get to the mail box without having to work too hard:lostit:

knibert 09-16-2012 03:11 PM

cute hoodie Mel

aww, B's stash is leaving you Shannon :cry: Love that peony garden CW.

had an easy work day today. Probably the last one until next summer though. the snowbirds are starting to come back.

the kids have some friends over entertaining them, so I am going to pull out the back of the storyteller w/the new color and reknit w/alternating skeins and hopefully be able to graft the shoulders easier today (if I manage to get that far).

So excitied..my gf introduced me to a new drink at Starbucks..green tea frappicino made w/soy milk. Yummy. I don't like the iced beverages, so I hadn't ever tried them. I had one before work today as a treat. They are too expensive for me to buy regularly.

knibert 09-16-2012 03:12 PM

oh..an I am continuing to knit a present for me this week :D

AND....I sold some more yarn this morning :yay:

knibert 09-16-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsStripe (Post 15690500)
Hmm, not sure I'll get to knitting a present, but it will be a present to get what I am working on done.

And, I almost have a front porch without railings. DH has the top layer and the bottom layer done. He just needs to figure out what he is doing making 2 steps. He said for some reason his measurements are off so now he needs to rethink them. But, I can walk out my front door and get to the mail box without having to work too hard:lostit:

:yay:

danigrace05 09-16-2012 03:18 PM

:wave: we had a fun filled night of camping without the littles. Not in the way you're thinking though. The place we were supposed to camp at closed early and we couldn't set up a site so we had to find somewhere else last minute. Decided to go to C's brother's house/inlaws rental property and camp in the backyard since they are out of town and have a fire pit.
We get there at dark with our new tent and light the fire. A few minutes later the neighbor walks over and is asking us what we are doing. He recognizes C and said oh dang C I had my 45 in my pocket ready for robbers. We laugh and he goes back home. We continue to set up the tent when two county sheriffs pull up. They, of course, are being jerks. Not listening to us when we try and explain we have permission etc. finally they realize that our last name is the same as the address information on the house and then they leave after talking to Mil and apologizing. He said "you have every right to camp in your back yard, sorry" then it takes us two hours to figure out the new tent in the dark, but we got it!
We didn't put the rainfly on top so we had a nice night under the stars :heyhey:

~Danielle~

MrsStripe 09-16-2012 03:21 PM

Oh and I forgot to mention. I sent my RHS to the county fair because I thought it turned out well. My mom called all excited that it won the rosette for "Best in Class". I was kinda exited because that is my first, but when I got to the fair there were only like 7 total entries in the knitting class so really a bummer because it was a great sweater and could have beat out more :blush: There were my 2 sweaters (both mine), 2 hats, 2 pair of socks, and I can't remember what the last thing was. Now to think of a super fancy project for next year in the hopes that more people will enter.

stevensmom 09-16-2012 03:29 PM

Back!

Boats are all put away.

Dayzee1081 09-16-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom
Back!

Boats are all put away.

Aww, its kinda bittersweet to say goodbye to summer, huh? Glad you're back!