Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anyone order from Schwans? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444158)

kkleinman 09-16-2012 09:16 PM

Anyone order from Schwans?

I have looked through the catalog and am contemplating placing an order, but can anyone tell me about the quality of their products? I live 90 mins from the closest town and they deliver here, so it is starting to sound like a good idea.
Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks mamas!

jaguglia930 09-17-2012 05:58 AM

I have in the past for easy meals, the sodium content is typically high like with most processed frozen foods. Tastes good and easy.

Gothmommy 09-17-2012 06:21 AM

Quality-wise, they're great. Some tings are a little bland, but most of it is pretty yummy. Nutrition-wise, they're a little ridiculous... and they are anything but frugal.

This message won't self destruct in 30 seconds.

med98 09-17-2012 07:29 AM

Re: Anyone order from Schwans?

I have ordered from them in the past and I agree with PP, not really budget friendly but if you are looking for some quick, convenience foods it's great! Ice cream is yumm-o! The frozen fruit cups are really good too, although you could make those pretty easily too and control the sugar content then. I've gotten their chicken strips to have on hand mainly for summer lunches, something other than PB&J ;) The kids loved those too! I got the ones that look like what you get in restaurants, they were the kind you have to either pan fry or you could bake them too I think. I liked those rather than the frozen chicken "stuff" in the grocery.
I would say give it a try and see what you think :) Just a heads up though, once you place an order they will stop by regularly and it can get annoying LOL!

NorwexMa 09-17-2012 09:56 AM

Yep, very tasty products, especially the ice cream. just be prepared to pay for it!

settles 09-17-2012 10:04 AM

I have been ordering form them the past couple of months! I've loved everything so far!

Leah52 09-17-2012 12:02 PM

We get ice cream and pot pies for my husband to eat on nights he has school, anything other than that is too expensive to feed a family of 7 and I don't use many convenience food items anyway.

kocho 09-21-2012 03:13 PM

I love schwanns!! A couple of years ago I found a coupon through here where you got $10 off your first order. I've been using them ever since. It can be pricey, but there are sale items each week and the catalog has coupons in the back. I believe there are online specials as well.

My vendor knows my first words after greeting him are "What are the specials?" lol I love thier chicken pot pies and bagel dogs. Those make a great quick lunch. In the summer I enjoy thier salmon burgers on the grill.

Harmony96 09-22-2012 06:19 PM

We eat a lot of Schwan's here, since DH is a driver for them. :giggle:

mama2myangels09 09-22-2012 06:57 PM

We ordered some food from them a few months ago and most of the food went in the trash cause it was too salty for us.