Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Names? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444165)

MamaNae 09-16-2012 10:28 PM

Names?

Does anyone else already have names chose? LOL

I have a girls name...Cora Paige Rosetta after my great-grandma and my grandma (I do 2 middle names)

For a boy I'm STUCK!!

I actually like Kincaid Jackson Michael...Kincaid is a family last name on DH's side, Jackson is DH's middle name and Michael is DH's fathers name (I'm not sure about the Jackson Michael because of Michael Jackson?) DH likes it but he just thinks Kincaid is a bit 'odd' for a 1st name, he'd rather it be a middle name, but if we take Kincaid away I don't know what I'd do for a 1st name! I don't really care for Jackson, plus we have 2 Js already so...If we take away Michael and have it be ????????? Jackson Kincaid that would be cute...if we could come up with a first name!

mamato2boyz 09-16-2012 10:59 PM

I love Kincaid. For a girl we are doing Katherine Doreen. I am 99.9% sure. And I boy not sure. My boys like the name Martin Gregory because they want to name a baby after a "Wild Kratts" character.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forumh

Mommyto2B2G 09-16-2012 11:15 PM

Re: Names?

We have 13 names for each gender. *sigh* I have some work to do... Our last pregnancy was named before they were even conceived! lol

I think you should use Kincaid. :) It is unique without being over the top.

JaimeeRooker 09-16-2012 11:47 PM

Our girl name is Ainslee Loughlyn and our boy name is.. maybe.. sorta.. probably not.. Wyatt Loughlin. Notice the theme? Its a name I was stuck on for Nate but DH vetoed(sp?) it. Sadly(for him) his triumph in the last round gave me the upper hand in this round. AH HA!!

Leiiki 09-16-2012 11:48 PM

Kincaid is nice - unusual but not weird. It's a name people will remember but not something they'll single out for humor. Good choice!

We have a long list, including a few left over from the great name debates before DD was born :) It's funny, the second-choice girl name from last time doesn't really appeal at all this time, and I have a totally new top three for girls (Coral, Harbor, Piper). Our top boy name (Jacob) is getting overused right now, so we're looking for a replacement but DH is very indecisive.
At least we know the middle name if it's a boy: Holokai (Hawaiian for seafarer)

mrspopo 09-17-2012 02:05 AM

My 1 year old is named Cora, I love it! We've met so many other Cora's though which really surprised me. I thought it was an uncommon name and really old. But I have met a couple other little girls at the library story time named Cora, and a really sweet old lady too. We also picked it because it's my great grandmother's name and her mom's middle name.

She's starting to say her name and it's sounding like coh-wah, super cute.

I like Kincaid, I love family names. I definitely wouldn't do Michael Jackson in that order for middle names because of MJ. Jackson Kincaid sounds really nice too for middle names, but don't pick something too long for a first name. You have lots of time to figure it out! I've had my boy names picked out forever, but no clue on another girl name.

MamaNae 09-17-2012 09:20 AM

Yeah, I have a feeling Cora is going to be overwhelmingly popular, but I'm specifically naming her after her Great-grandma so I'm stuck LOL

Middle names would be Jackson Michael...I might leave DH's dad out of it and go with Kincaid Jackson Keith or LeRoy or something...Keith is my grandpa's name. It's important that middle names have 'meaning' lol...they're always after a family member.

We have such a hard time with it because we have so many family members so we can't 'reuse' I'm picky because I don't like them being TOO trendy. Plus we can't really use any name that is routinely shortened (Christopher, Andrew, Samuel) because DH's family would shorten, it took 2 years of non stop head butting for them to call James by his given name...Kincaid is good because it really can't be shortened, what will they call him? Ken? haha

Leiiki 09-17-2012 09:27 AM

If anyone hasn't seen this tool, it's a fun alternative to scanning baby name books:

http://www.kleimo.com/random/name.cfm

You can select a level of obscurity to make the names either fairly common or totally offbeat.

iwiamandaiwi 09-17-2012 10:04 AM

We've already settled on names too :)
Katherine Sophia for a girl (which we are desperately hoping for since this is our last) and
Greyson Christopher for a boy. I am not too excited about christopher for the middle name but the hubs is kind of stuck on it. He would consider Greyson David though which I am also not fond of.

wolffie 09-17-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaimeeRooker (Post 15692269)
Our girl name is Ainslee Loughlyn and our boy name is.. maybe.. sorta.. probably not.. Wyatt Loughlin. Notice the theme? Its a name I was stuck on for Nate but DH vetoed(sp?) it. Sadly(for him) his triumph in the last round gave me the upper hand in this round. AH HA!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ainslee and it's on our list too except we would spell it Aynsley. I'm not sure I love it with my dd's name though b/c it also ends in ey.

Both my kids have the letter Y as the second letter in their name. We didn't do that intentionally but now I feel like we have to stick with it. Some of our names are -
Girl:
Aynsley
Pyper
Mya
Lyric
Lyla
Fynn
Kylee (Kyleigh)
Mylee (Myleigh or Mylie)
Fynley

Boys:
Myles
Ayden
Dylan
Kyle
Fynn
Lyam

For a number of reasons I am hoping for a girl (room sharing) but also b/c I love the girls names so much more!