Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introducing Solids (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   need some ideas for a 10 month old. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444172)

DillyDay 09-16-2012 09:44 PM

need some ideas for a 10 month old.

alright.. so my 9 almost 10 month old WILL NOT eat. anything. tried purees. mashing up things. sweet things. meaty things. salty/savoury. different textures.

i just can not get her to eat any more then 1-4 mouthfuls. then she raspberries it out at you. and frown like Gimmie Ma milk.

she just refuses to eat. and ii'm not sure what to do. she is ready for it. she watches us eat and follows us. and tries to eat the spoons if given to her. properly too i might add... but food? Nope. nothing.

help? any other ideas i could try?

EmilytheStrange 09-16-2012 10:04 PM

I would just assume she's not ready :)

I mean, of course she watches you eat - doesn't she watch everything you do? And of course she likes to chew on spoons - doesn't she chew on everything?

I wouldn't push it. There's no rule that says she HAS to be eating solids by a year old.

I would keep offering, but not worry. Put food on her tray at mealtimes and if she tries it - awesome! And if she's just enjoying social time - awesome.

Some mommas delay solids to a year deliberately. I think the important thing is to follow your child's lead and she doesn't sound interested yet.

Ferrum 09-18-2012 08:27 AM

My ds much preferred crunchy stuff to soft foods. Rice cakes and freeze dried bananas from Just Tomatoes. Start why small pieces of course. And eat it in front of them.

DillyDay 09-23-2012 06:50 PM

Re: need some ideas for a 10 month old.

thanks ladies. i appreciate it. i get super nervous about it at the moment.. because of nurses pushing that " i missed the small window of opportunity to start feeding them and getting them use to food!" and everyone else's babies around us have been eating for months. or trying too... i know all babies are different.

KelseyH 09-23-2012 07:00 PM

DS didn't really start eating solids (reliably) until 13-14 months. Even then it was only 1-2 meals per day (we don't do snacks). Don't worry. She may just really enjoy her milk :) and there's no reason she needs more than that nutritionally right now. She'll be fine :)

BrandNewMama 09-29-2012 09:25 PM

No rush like PP's said. Have you tried feeding directly from your plate? DS will eat most anything if he sees it come from our plate but if we put some of the same foods in front of him then he loses interest. Just a thought. :)

urbanhomesteader 01-23-2013 06:35 PM

Our boy won't eat most types of baby food. And for good reason - they're disgusting! Bland and sweet. We just give him baby-safe versions of real food with spices and no extraneous pear puree, and he loves it.

UVASahm 01-23-2013 06:54 PM

I second the crunchy stuff. My guy will eat rice cakes and veggie sticks all day long but put a blueberry in front of him no way! Also, he will eat anything off my plate. Even stuff I don't like!

My guy also won't eat any homemade purees or Gerber but he LOVES those pouches with multiple ingredients. Think plum organics or earths best. He also likes them bc he can suck it out if there like a bottle or boob :).

Also don't stress! Ped love to warn about missing the window, but seriously, missing the window? What are you telling me? That my son won't eat solids if I don't give it to him at 6 months? Ever?

Pumpkinnoodlemama 02-24-2013 11:53 AM

Right . . . try not to stress out about it. Just keep offering different things and eventually baby will catch on. I just read somewhere that you have to offer the same things sometimes up to 10 times before some babies decide they like it! A lot of the resistance comes from it being a new texture.

The3LittleBerkhs 02-24-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
I would just assume she's not ready :)

I mean, of course she watches you eat - doesn't she watch everything you do? And of course she likes to chew on spoons - doesn't she chew on everything?

I wouldn't push it. There's no rule that says she HAS to be eating solids by a year old.

I would keep offering, but not worry.

I agree :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum