Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Do you ask your kid(s) opinion about the possibility of another baby to the family? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444194)

TwinMommaplus2 09-16-2012 10:32 PM

Do you ask your kid(s) opinion about the possibility of another baby to the family?

Just curious?:needcoffee:

waterisntsomething 09-16-2012 10:52 PM

Re: Do you ask your kid(s) opinion about the possibility of another baby to the famil

I don't have many yet but I don't think we will ask. I know how many kids I want.

TrennaII 09-16-2012 11:00 PM

Re: Do you ask your kid(s) opinion about the possibility of another baby to the famil

We are a newly blending family ... I have a 2-year-old and he has teenagers.

He asked them what they thought about our dating, and about him getting married, and we will probably ask what they think about our having another child.

However, these questions are to gauge their position and open the conversation, not to influence our decision. It's good to know what you're up against LOL.

ktmelody 09-16-2012 11:01 PM

Nope. They want more, so they are vocal about it but it doesnt come into play with our family size. That is for DH and I to agree on together. :)

kannondicarpo 09-16-2012 11:46 PM

No, we leave it up to God. :)

TwinMommaplus2 09-17-2012 02:00 PM

Hmmm, Ive had so many friends who are adimant about having thier kids be 'ok' with a new baby before more... I dont agree with that method (for a few reasons) but "leaving it up to god" wasnt really where I was going. I was more curious to know if the response from your children, influenced your decision to have additional kids. For those who have children old enough to advocate feelings/thoughts etc...

Brandy1010 09-17-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinMommaplus2
Hmmm, Ive had so many friends who are adimant about having thier kids be 'ok' with a new baby before more... I dont agree with that method (for a few reasons) but "leaving it up to god" wasnt really where I was going. I was more curious to know if the response from your children, influenced your decision to have additional kids. For those who have children old enough to advocate feelings/thoughts etc...

We are ttc with an almost 3yr ds. Obviously it isnt his choice if we have more children, but the fact that he really want a baby "brudder" or sister, makes my heart melt and makes me really excited to be ttc'ing!

paper_girl_76 09-17-2012 02:40 PM

We ask what they think, and if they were absolutely against it, I suppose we would consider it, but really it is more to gauge where they are at than to use as an influence.

812ajack 09-17-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinMommaplus2 (Post 15694837)

We ask them just out of curiosity to what their response would be not really to base our decision on it. Kids adapt and usually go with the flow so if you are happy with the decision, then they will be too. Not to say there aren't jealous times but that will be true whether you have 2 or 20. To me parents that would base their decision on what their kids say are giving them WAY too much control over the household and if they get control in one area there will be many more to follow. As parents we lead our household, not the other way around.:goodvibes:

scwendy 09-18-2012 06:15 AM

No.