Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's Monday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444212)

~whitehologram~ 09-17-2012 04:02 AM

Basically it's Monday

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 09-17-2012 04:06 AM

Re: Basically it's Monday

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 15690808)
Thanks Janine...oh well they all survive and thrive despite us don't they.

Mel she said the door.

lol! Thankfully yes they do :giggle2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 15690824)
sigh....heard from MH's room where Isiah and his cousin are playing in MH's room

Cousin: This is all your room, who do you share with.
MH: Oh, no one
Cousin: Wow that is cool

She really is a lucky kid. We sometimes forget that when we cant give her everything she wants.

We think that too. Despite the girls sharing a room they still have a lot of things we didn't have and that others here don't have. They are lucky too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 15691165)
Why is it that when I am overwhelmed, I can't do anything at all?!? I need to just start lesson plans, but instead I am feeling paralysed by it all. Grrrrr.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 15691276)
One bite at a time Mel....just pick something and do it then move on to the next thing.

Yep, one elephant bite at a time :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 15691494)
Is it weird that lists make me feel worse? Ru is great at them, and I am truly terrible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 15691499)
Nope mel not weird. Jerry hates them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 15691511)
Whew! Glad I am not alone. Somehow seeing it all written out makes it seem even MORE overwhelming!

Mon/Tue are all planned out now and Wed is started. Starting our balance literacy program this week. That could be interesting...

I understand that too. Seeing how much I have to d make s it worse for me too. I like picking a task and then starting with that...which spirals on tot the next and then next...and so on.

redgirlsmama 09-17-2012 05:51 AM

Morning! :needcoffee:
DH had me get up to get the girls ready. I came out to realize he got me up way early, so I am drinking coffee before I deal with them :giggle2: it is in their best interest really!
Glad your wedding was fun Janine, I meant to say it sounded really cool. All of the weddings I go to are pretty much same song different verse if you kwim. A few small differences but mostly the same.

jacksmommy1 09-17-2012 06:58 AM

mornign all :needcoffee: also lol

jwjbbrown 09-17-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara (Post 15691754)
I do love lists, but we have hit a point in our life where I can't use a list. I have to just keep rolling. If I made a list of all that is going on, I might cry then pass out! :giggle:

This is the first week in a year that I do not have 7 million things to do outside of school. So going to enjoy it!

I am up. Enjoying my coffee and about to go get MH up and dressed and us out the door. we had a rough night around here. MH was really restless during the night. Oh well, I can nap after school :hugegrin: or take a nice walk or swim!

cherylchoo 09-17-2012 08:03 AM

Morning mamas. :needcoffee: No school today for no apparent reason. :giggle2:

I loved the pix of the wedding too. It looked great.

I'm a list person also. I totally can relate to listing everything being totally overwhelming though. I got back into it hardcore recently because I was forgetting things in the summer and didn't want to forget things when school started. I did it electronically, set it up a modified flylady style with morning, midday (coming home for folks that WOH), and bedtime lists and daily lists. I started with only the things that HAD to get done that day. And like Jess says, feels so good to cross them off. :giggle2: I am slowly adding things to the lists as the year goes on, and I will add monthly lists and seasonal lists and all that as I master what I have. It's been a really good setup because I haven't forgotten anything yet. I did stick things in the wrong backpack once, but I didn't forget it. :rofl:

Going to take Ian to swim lessons in a bit. Then we will visit their old school to see their old teachers and friends. Then I got to get back home and clean this dump. We did a lot of outdoor cleanup and jobs that required tools so the inside has been neglected.

Have some funny hamster stories but I will have to share them later. I hear suspicious noises upstairs. :giggle2:

jwjbbrown 09-17-2012 08:10 AM

I am at school.
Need to begin working on a bulletin board this week to promote the book fair. Work on a few weeks lesson plans to be prepared for the state audit we are getting next week.

~whitehologram~ 09-17-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylchoo (Post 15692856)
Morning mamas. :needcoffee: No school today for no apparent reason. :giggle2:

I loved the pix of the wedding too. It looked great.

I'm a list person also. I totally can relate to listing everything being totally overwhelming though. I got back into it hardcore recently because I was forgetting things in the summer and didn't want to forget things when school started. I did it electronically, set it up a modified flylady style with morning, midday (coming home for folks that WOH), and bedtime lists and daily lists. I started with only the things that HAD to get done that day. And like Jess says, feels so good to cross them off. :giggle2: I am slowly adding things to the lists as the year goes on, and I will add monthly lists and seasonal lists and all that as I master what I have. It's been a really good setup because I haven't forgotten anything yet. I did stick things in the wrong backpack once, but I didn't forget it. :rofl:

Going to take Ian to swim lessons in a bit. Then we will visit their old school to see their old teachers and friends. Then I got to get back home and clean this dump. We did a lot of outdoor cleanup and jobs that required tools so the inside has been neglected.

Have some funny hamster stories but I will have to share them later. I hear suspicious noises upstairs. :giggle2:

I wish I could have taken more photos.....there are even some of me there knitting socks around the fire. I did try my best to stay out of the photos but the photographer (my friends brother) wasn't having any of that and caught me several times.

I want to hear funny hamster stories. I'm sick and cant go anywhere near Daisy now :(

cherylchoo 09-17-2012 08:48 AM

Ok, everyone is fed, teeth brushed, and wearing clothes that can be seen in public. :rofl: Dishwasher rebooted, washer about five minutes away from being rebooted. The house really isn't a dump per se, it just has hotspots in every room, and I haven't been detailing anything so things like the Kuerig look a little gross.

So hamster stories. Our pets do not have the personalities indicative of their species. :rofl: Bo the Betta is extremely social, and Esther is, well, not. She is also very nocturnal and will not come out in the daytime at all on her own. So we have started opening her cage after dinner to let her get used to us, and started taking away her sleep hut during that time so she won't hide the whole time. She will let all of us, even Ian, pet her now but she still won't let us pick her up yet. And yup Janine she finally figured out how to climb up and chew the water bottle sling so we will have to figure that out pretty soon. She otherwise totally ignores everything else we put in there for her to chew, like cardboard tubes and such, and totally uses her potty as a nap chair and poops everywhere, including where she sleeps and eats.

Rosie was pretty insistent we get her a hamster ball this weekend. So we did. That's a comedy of errors in itself. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be put in one of those, not know what it is, and have three kids thundering around you laughing hysterically while you try to figure it out. But she likes it now, and cruises around the house in the evenings. It doesn't wear her out, because she still uses the wheel at least three hours every night.

And Bo, well, he does not get the attention he used to anymore, as to be expected. So I try to have us eat in the dining room and play games/puzzles on it as much as I can so he can at least *think* we are paying attention to him. :rofl:

cherylchoo 09-17-2012 08:48 AM

Ok, everyone is fed, teeth brushed, and wearing clothes that can be seen in public. :rofl: Dishwasher rebooted, washer about five minutes away from being rebooted. The house really isn't a dump per se, it just has hotspots in every room, and I haven't been detailing anything so things like the Kuerig look a little gross.

So hamster stories. Our pets do not have the personalities indicative of their species. :rofl: Bo the Betta is extremely social, and Esther is, well, not. She is also very nocturnal and will not come out in the daytime at all on her own. So we have started opening her cage after dinner to let her get used to us, and started taking away her sleep hut during that time so she won't hide the whole time. She will let all of us, even Ian, pet her now but she still won't let us pick her up yet. And yup Janine she finally figured out how to climb up and chew the water bottle sling so we will have to figure that out pretty soon. She otherwise totally ignores everything else we put in there for her to chew, like cardboard tubes and such, and totally uses her potty as a nap chair and poops everywhere, including where she sleeps and eats.

Rosie was pretty insistent we get her a hamster ball this weekend. So we did. That's a comedy of errors in itself. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be put in one of those, not know what it is, and have three kids thundering around you laughing hysterically while you try to figure it out. But she likes it now, and cruises around the house in the evenings. It doesn't wear her out, because she still uses the wheel at least three hours every night.

And Bo, well, he does not get the attention he used to anymore, as to be expected. So I try to have us eat in the dining room and play games/puzzles on it as much as I can so he can at least *think* we are paying attention to him. :rofl: