Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Ergo Performance vs Becos (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444292)

Dancy Baby 09-17-2012 10:04 AM

Ergo Performance vs Becos

I just ordered one off Baby Steals and I hope I like it! I already have a Gemini and BB2, so I guess I didn't really NEED another SSC, but it looks like the waist straps adjust smaller and that's my biggest peeve with both Beco's that I have.

Does anyone have an Ergo Performance and not like it? Compared to the Beco's is it really different? I'm 5'2", my ds is 3.5 months, 17 lbs and 27".

doodleswife 09-17-2012 10:18 AM

You sound like me! I'm 5'1 with a 17 pounder and I couldn't survive without my ergo! It's much easier on my back and arms than holding her!

Dancy Baby 09-17-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodleswife
You sound like me! I'm 5'1 with a 17 pounder and I couldn't survive without my ergo! It's much easier on my back and arms than holding her!

Awesome, thanks! :)

hpfgirl 09-17-2012 10:53 AM

Re: Ergo Performance vs Becos

I'm not short, but I have both and love them both. The Ergo definitely has fewer dangling straps.

keidlog 09-19-2012 05:29 PM

I'm only 4'11" and the ergo was WAY too bulky for me! And my son used to arch his back when I put him in, nearly falling out...I loved my beco butterfly though!!

mommabritt 09-19-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keidlog
I'm only 4'11" and the ergo was WAY too bulky for me! And my son used to arch his back when I put him in, nearly falling out...I loved my beco butterfly though!!

Well I'm 5'9" and it was too bulky for my and my son did the same thing. I too love my Beco. :)

keidlog 09-19-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommabritt (Post 15705578)
Well I'm 5'9" and it was too bulky for my and my son did the same thing. I too love my Beco. :)

I did like how easy the ergo was to put on though...and the pocket was nice...but love how slim the beco folds up, the designs, the high back,and the infant insert...

marathonmommy 09-20-2012 12:10 AM

Beco fan over here! I am 5'4" and i love my BB2. It was actually my first carrier purchase (awwwww) and you CANNOT beat the back carrying ease of the BB2. Especially when I was new to baby wearing, it gave me a lot of confidence to try back carrying in my MT and later my first wrap.

Plus, I was dazzled with the Pimp My Carrier thing at paxbaby. Wow!!

lynn97 09-20-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keidlog
I'm only 4'11" and the ergo was WAY too bulky for me! And my son used to arch his back when I put him in, nearly falling out

Same here but I'm 5'2". I just got a Boba 3G and am really liking the fit of it much better for my DS and for my small frame.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum