Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Birthday Party Favors (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444339)

kbz2002 09-17-2012 11:07 AM

Birthday Party Favors

What's your take on birthday party favors? If you go to someone's birthday party do you always expect favors? How much do you usually spend per favor?

I'm at such a lost. We are planning DD's 5th birthday party and generally I don't do favors because it's always been family only but this year dd wants to have it with her school/dance friends. So I'm trying to figure out what to give.

I generally dislike party favors because in the past we've gotten extra candy, stickers, dollar store things. All the stuff that we don't really need and I see them as a waste.

DH said to make bean bags but then I'm also nervous about looking cheap (plus the fact that I'm due in 7 weeks I really don't want to be making bean bags for 30 children).

babycat42 09-17-2012 11:11 AM

Re: Birthday Party Favors

What's the theme for the party?

kbz2002 09-17-2012 11:22 AM

I really don't have one this time. We are just having it at a local bounce house with pizza being delivered.

my2sweets 09-17-2012 11:32 AM

I always do party favors(its my favorite part!) I spend $5-7 per bag. However the most kids we ever had was 7! With no real theme and with so many kids I would probably just get cheap bags(or use tulle and ribbon), stickers and bubbles from the dollar tree. Most kids love stickers and bubbles and it would be cheap. We have been to parties where there werent party favors and the girls didnt seem to mind-they did ask but I reminded them that the bday girl had us over, played with us, and shared her cake/food and they were completely happy with that. Once we recieved a thank you note(after a party with no favors) in the mail and the girls were thrilled!

Mama*Kim 09-17-2012 11:33 AM

I usually do simple favor bags. A small bottle of water, some trail mix or something in a cute bag, a small treat (cookie, candy, etc), and a small something like tattoos or stickers. I love the treat boxes from orientaltrading.com for favors.

MDever 09-17-2012 11:34 AM

I am not a fan of party goodie bags:blush: I know it sounds rude but I could really do without a plastic bag full of crap. I think 1 nice consumable item as a thank you is ok. Maybe like a caramel apple since it is fall?

sisu 09-17-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDever (Post 15694073)
I am not a fan of party goodie bags:blush: I know it sounds rude but I could really do without a plastic bag full of crap. I think 1 nice consumable item as a thank you is ok. Maybe like a caramel apple since it is fall?

Love that! I feel the same way about party favors, though.

kushie tushie 09-17-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDever

I feel the same way about goodie bags!
You could also do sugar cookies or something. For DS 2nd b-day party we did a Yo Gabba Gabba theme. Our favors were hersheys bars wrapped in constuction paper decorated like each character. Let me see if I can find a pic.....

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

ARogers 09-17-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDever (Post 15694073)

I also hate goodie bags full of crap. I do give goodie bags out, but I get nice things not cheap plastic things. Last yr I had ispy bags made to match our theme along with other items. This yr I had coloring books, crayons and snacks that matched our theme.

bobbyjk 09-17-2012 11:58 AM

I love making the favor bags, especially if they match the theme. Maybe to avoid making favor bags, use helium inflated balloons on a string and attach it to a giant bouncey ball wrapped in cellophane. You can use them as decorations on the table/party room and then each kid can take one home. Bounce balls go with the bounce theme?