Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   do "baby wearers" never use a stroller? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444463)

simplyleah87 09-17-2012 03:52 PM

do "baby wearers" never use a stroller?

I love baby wearing around the house or places that aren't convenient for a stroller, but do you guys ever use strollers? why or why not?

for me I love having a cup holder. haha

m0mof6 09-17-2012 03:58 PM

I love wearing ydd (13 months) but I often have a stroller for yds (33months) since he prefers to walk but gets tired. It's extra convenient at the zoo- the stroller holds all our stuff, ydd on the wrap and yds walking.

happysmileylady 09-17-2012 04:03 PM

Re: do "baby wearers" never use a stroller?

I totally do use stollers. In fact, I have 3. I have a double stroller, a single stroller travel system, and an umbrella stroller.

Right now I am very pregnant and due in just a few weeks. There's NO WAY I am wearing either of my 2 little ones. Just today, I was at OUAC with my mom and 2 little ones. The 4 yr old walked, we put the 2 yr old in the umbrella and didn't bother with the sling.

When the baby gets here, I expect to use the double stroller for situations that it calls for, and wear the baby. Or, if the 4 yr old can be trusted, use the single stroller or the umbrella for the 2 yr old, wear the baby and the 4 yr old can walk, like we did today.

I don't understand babywearers distain for the stroller, any more than I understand the distain for any other piece of baby equipment. The reality is that the vast majority of it DOES have an appropriate place in life. It's just a matter of using things appropriately.

abunchoflemons 09-17-2012 04:03 PM

My neighbor wears but uses stroller to when she needs break or needs to take stuff somewhere like wrap up 4 us to look at & snacks & all. House & just forwalks wears. I might after another one soon here to help with weightloss & stuff around house depending on how touchy this next one is.

2+2macht4 09-17-2012 04:04 PM

I do both

hpfgirl 09-17-2012 04:16 PM

I have 5 carriers and 4 strollers. :)

qsefthuko 09-17-2012 04:17 PM

I do both. If it is going to be a long day I take the stroller just in case. It can also be a convenient place for a nap when at the park.

Strollers are also great for use in malls. Last time we went to the mall baby rode on my back and all the packages, diaper bag, drinks, snacks, etc. Wound up in the stroller. I don't think we would have enjoyed the trip as much without our stroller. We did have to make room for baby to nap in it so a big storage sap e underneath is really nice.

The3LittleBerkhs 09-17-2012 04:54 PM

I use both :)

waterisntsomething 09-17-2012 04:59 PM

DS is 8 months and I don't own a stroller...but only b/c I can't afford one! For a long time we didn't have a car (from when DS was about 2 months to 6 months) and we had to walk 2 miles to town to do anything. By 6 months he was starting to get heavy to wear that far. Now I wear him around the house some and for short walks or at the store but I really want a jogging stroller. My back starts hurting after a while.

Brooke789 09-17-2012 05:03 PM

I have a jogging stroller, but no stroller to go places. The jogging stroller takes up the entire cargo space of the car, so it is only for everyday exercise, vacations and places like the zoo.

For all of our everyday shopping/errands I BW and/or use a cart.