Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Homesteading (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Ok girls, weigh in on a chicken thread? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444620)

3lilbubs 09-18-2012 12:02 AM

Ok girls, weigh in on a chicken thread?

What do you think, would you want a separate thread to chat/ask questions/show off your flock? Ongoing probably, not a weekly/monthly thing.

sarahannecloud9 09-18-2012 07:59 AM

Re: Ok girls, weigh in on a chicken thread?

I voted mabe. I LOVE the idea. I especially thought it would be great to do the featured chicken thing. Help eachother learn. I just don't want to encrouch on the farming thread. I don't know if it would or not? I though it could be more like a chicken moma support/chat thread. That would help consolidate the questions that may be missed in the forum as well. There are tons of chicken momas, just don't see them post other than when they post their own thread. We could share experiences, do q and a, pic shareing/showing off the flock, learn more about our breeds, ect. I do think it's a good idea, but I don't want to cramp anyones style either. Thanks for posting this Liz! :hugs:

aumismommy 09-23-2012 03:13 PM

Any thoughts on making this a thread? We just can just keep it an ongoing one in homesteading and we can share pics, tips, and add new info???

sarahannecloud9 09-23-2012 03:35 PM

I don't understand why there isn't interest? It could also be a tool for health issues, all sorts of things. I'm really wanting to do a featured breed of the month too! :(

C'mon chicken momas! Gardening will soon be over and this could be fun! I'm been wanting to bring it up for a month now.So many ideas banging around in my head!

aumismommy 09-23-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9
I don't understand why there isn't interest? It could also be a tool for health issues, all sorts of things. I'm really wanting to do a featured breed of the month too! :(

C'mon chicken momas! Gardening will soon be over and this could be fun! I'm been wanting to bring it up for a month now.So many ideas banging around in my head!

Why can't we just do it ?? Does it have to be approved? If it just ends up being a few of us talking like on some of the other threads we will still be learning from each other and maybe others will add in??

sarahannecloud9 09-23-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aumismommy (Post 15721226)
Why can't we just do it ?? Does it have to be approved? If it just ends up being a few of us talking like on some of the other threads we will still be learning from each other and maybe others will add in??

:lostit: Great! I'll start doing some research and figure out a good layout. Liz does a great quote for the garden thread, I'd like to do the featured breed! Give me some time to start some MAJOR planning! :bliss::yay:

I'm so excited! I'll get to working on it asap!

;)

3lilbubs 09-23-2012 05:42 PM

It doesn't have to be approved, I just didn't want to start it myself not knowing if it would step on any toes. Go for it Sarah, this is your "baby". :giggle:

sarahannecloud9 09-23-2012 05:44 PM

I'll try to get started tonight! Yay!

Happy Mommax4 09-23-2012 05:46 PM

Count me in! We're working on a new chicken "luxury condo" I'll share some pics soon!

sarahannecloud9 09-23-2012 06:41 PM

Awsome!