Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   When to commit? Halloween ?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445063)

Fairycat 09-19-2012 04:22 AM

When to commit? Halloween ??

This is the first year we are getting input from DS one what he wants to be for Halloween, but as you guessed it, he keeps changing his mind who he wants to be. :banghead: But expected. So far I can make all of his choices pretty easily, with little rewarning, but thought I would ask, when do you make them to commit to what they want to be for Halloween?

Gothmommy 09-19-2012 04:54 AM

Re: When to commit? Halloween ??

Lol, my rule of thumb has always been easy. Once we buy the costume, that's it. There's no changing after then, so they have to be absolutely sure that's what they want. :)

Maybe you could take him to a Spirit store and let him browse, pick out a few, explain that whatever he decides is the one he's keeping, and take it from there? (Or, if you're doing DIY, have a costume making day he's largely involved in?)

kbz2002 09-19-2012 05:21 AM

Once I start it, there's no going back.

We are DIY for costumes and she enjoys helping make it.

knodceo 09-19-2012 05:30 AM

We DIY as well. Mid October is it.

SaraElise 09-19-2012 05:35 AM

If we are buying, I let them wait until about 2 weeks before, if I am making it, I need at least a month. Once the costume/supplies are purchased there is no changing of minds.

Usually once they see the costume or see me making it though, they get so excited about it they forget that they were thinking about other things.

Fairycat 09-19-2012 08:37 AM

I am planning on making his costume right now, and so far the options he is leaning towards are all pretty simple. I personally have a favorite of the three, which I am debating leaning him towards. I just wish I got one more year to pick :giggle:

Mama*Kim 09-19-2012 09:28 AM

We usually start talking about it early. Once he lands on something, I check back a few times to see if the answer stays the same. Usually by early October, I'm ready to start sewing, so we talk about it again before I shop for fabric. There's no changing of minds after fabric is purchased.

amitchell98 09-19-2012 09:43 AM

last year my son (who was 3) couldn't make up his mind until mid october. I had already had his Nana making him a super cool cars cape and he ended up going as a frog (that I bought 2 days before halloween).

This year he is 4 and I had him talking about it months ago. He has decided to be Woody and his Nana is making his costume again (god bless her!) and I ordered a Jessie inspired dress for my 18 month old to match him. There will be no mind changing this year.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 09-19-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothmommy (Post 15702330)
Lol, my rule of thumb has always been easy. Once we buy the costume, that's it. There's no changing after then, so they have to be absolutely sure that's what they want. :)

Maybe you could take him to a Spirit store and let him browse, pick out a few, explain that whatever he decides is the one he's keeping, and take it from there? (Or, if you're doing DIY, have a costume making day he's largely involved in?)

Same here, once it's bought, that's it. I already got costumes for my ds2, dd2, and ds1 wants to use the same one from last year. Not sure yet what dd1 wants to be.