Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   My c section birth plan... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445094)

clothdiapercrunchy 09-19-2012 07:38 AM

My c section birth plan...

I can't wait to present this to the Dr's and see their response. There is no reason to not honor my requests, im hoping they don't try to give me crap. Im making sure they are agreeable early on because if not I will be Dr shopping.

For the birth
My doula and husband will be present at the surgical delivery
PLEASE Explain/Confirm Any/All procedures with myself or my husband beforehand.
NO General Anesthesia or anything to make me drowsy or tired.
I will be having an epidural, I do not want a spinal, PLEASE insert catheter AFTER epidural
Please do not restrain my arms
No chit chat or small talk please
Please pull baby out as slowly as possible, to allow fluid to be naturally expelled from the lungs
Please allow the cord to stop pulsating prior to cutting
I would like the drape dropped at the moment of birth to see the baby born
PLEASE allow IMMEDIATE Skin-to-Skin contact so I may avoid Birth Trauma
I would prefer the newborn assessment and APGARS to be done with the baby on my chest
Should the baby NEED to be taken to the warmer or the nursery, my husband will be going with the baby and stay with at all times.
NO Sedatives after birth. This will adversely impact bonding/breastfeeding
The baby will be accompanying us to recovery and remaining with us the entire stay
Please administer Vitamin K
DO NOT administer Hepatitis B vaccine please
NO EYE OINTMENT

After care of myself and the baby
Please administer Vitamin K
DO NOT administer Hepatitis B vaccine please
NO EYE OINTMENT
NO CIRCUMCISION
NO BOTTLES, FORMULA, ARTIFICIAL NIPPLES
DO NOT BATHE MY BABY
I have an increased risk of stroke, I would like to get up and walk as soon as humanly possible
Please remove the catheter as soon as possible (Even if it is the middle of the night)
Please allow for me to see a lactation consultant as soon as possible after birth
I would like a hospital grade breast pump ready and available for me to ensure proper milk production
I will be taking home my placenta for encapsulation

weesej 09-19-2012 08:45 AM

Re: My c section birth plan...

Looks good. one other thing the mama a mama I was a doula for that had a planned C-sec did was to have her choice of music playing to help her relax. She was singing as baby was born:)

clothdiapercrunchy 09-19-2012 04:34 PM

awwww that sounds so nice!! I will add that :D

Im open to suggestions

mommypockets 09-19-2012 05:26 PM

I'd avoid the pump unless god forbid you have a nicu baby. Pumping when not needed can lead to oversupply and a whole slew of awful effects for baby. Took us 8-10 months to completely get over it. If you don't have to pump the first 3 or 4 weeks, DON'T!

If you want to store milk that leaks, get a milkies milk saver. :)

clothdiapercrunchy 09-19-2012 06:29 PM

I want to pump after the c section because im afraid i'll have no supply because of the oxytocin not being released correctly, I will not be laboring at all. I one side feed so I end up needing to pump one off anyway.

xtin 09-19-2012 06:36 PM

I had 2 sections with no catheter. Was up and walking 3 hours after birth both times.

Your plan looks nice, but most of those requests are hospital rules, not something an OB can have a say over. Good luck!

clothdiapercrunchy 09-21-2012 04:48 PM

everything on the plan directly has to do with my baby and my body therefore the hospital has no say in any of it, actually. I understand the politics of a hospital because I am a nurse but know that anything that I dont like I can sign an AMA and refuse.

ajbailey89 09-21-2012 09:02 PM

I am curious as to whether they will "allow" the cord to be delayed. My understanding is that they cannot keep the incision open while they wait for that. At least that's what my OB told me.

mommypockets 09-21-2012 09:44 PM

My c-section dr said it won't stop pulsing bc it's not a natural type birth. The placenta isn't ready to be born, etc. I asked while I was open, on the cutting table. Lol

clothdiapercrunchy 09-22-2012 11:25 AM

Yeah that is one thing im not attached to.