Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   getting a bit concerned, help me not be paranoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445151)

happysmileylady 09-19-2012 10:14 AM

getting a bit concerned, help me not be paranoid

I have had "braxton hicks" contractions since like 13 or so weeks. I always have a lot of contractions, it's perfectly normal for me.

I am due in 4 weeks and 2 days. This morning, every time I get up, I have a contraction. I happened to notice last night before I fell asleep that they seemed to pick up a smidge (after telling my doc at my last appointment that they had started to slow down a bit :banghead: ) Since 8am, I am estimating I have had probably 3 an hour. They aren't hurting any more than normal but the frequency is starting to make me nervous.

As in, my last one was at 11:50 and I just had another one kick in. So, right on about 20 minutes apart.

Like I said, they aren't hurting more than previously (though, they do hurt, but then they have the entire pregnancy) but I feel like a bit of an adreneline surge along with them, they are occasionally in my back and those two things are making me nervous.

DH is at work and he works an hour away. In addition, he only got this job about 6 months ago...his 6 month mark isn't up until the 26th and he's "on probation" until then. I absolutely cannot call him until I KNOW this is the real thing. And I am too early for it to be the real thing.

I am home with my 2 yr old and almost 4 yr old and do not have a sitter close enough by to go in for a quick check. I have people that can come up to watch the girls if I NEED to...but I really NEED to need someone, if that makes sense. The closest reasonable sitter is at least a half hour away. My hospital is only 2 minutes away so if I had someone right here, it wouldn't be an issue...I just don't have someone right here.

Clearly, rest and drink water is the first line of defense. so I will be trying that. Beyond that, if I call my OB, I am concerned they will tell me to come in just in case. And as I described before, I need to be sure there's a need before I do that.

Help me not be paranoid.

keen1981 09-19-2012 10:18 AM

Sounds like my BH and I'm 12 weeks away

TwinMommaplus2 09-19-2012 10:19 AM

Re: getting a bit concerned, help me not be paranoid

Sounds like BH but those can turn to the real deal real quick! Hang in there momma!!

happysmileylady 09-19-2012 10:49 AM

Thanks ladies!

Had to get up and get lunch going for the girls. I just thew chicken nuggets and fries in the oven because that's just dump it out and throw it in the oven, no prep necessary. Did have a contraction while doing that, but it was really short and that was like 15 minutes ago.

Sitting on my butt while the two of them watch Nemo and destroy the playroom and drinking some water. Which is making me nauseous but water always makes me nauseous while pg.

Trying to figure out dinner...I have to run an errand at 1:30, then pick up DD1 from school. Thinking I should put something in the crockpot. Maybe pork chops? No quick and easy sauces here...maybe a can of diced toms, toss on some mushrooms? Hmmmm

happysmileylady 09-19-2012 10:52 AM

There's the next one right on time at 12:51

MDever 09-19-2012 10:56 AM

Can your daughter stay with the littles while you run over and get checked out?

happysmileylady 09-19-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDever (Post 15703602)
Can your daughter stay with the littles while you run over and get checked out?

If they are still regular when I get her home, around 3:30, that's probably what I will do. It will probably freak her out, but if they continue to be 20 minutes apart for that long, I will probably just feel better if I get checked.

MDever 09-19-2012 11:04 AM

I think that is for the best. You need to know if you are having any cervical change. I don't tend to have bh but it is not unusual for me to walk around 4-5cm for a few weeks. Every woman is so different but in your place I would want to check and I am not medical at all.

happysmileylady 09-19-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDever (Post 15703640)
I think that is for the best. You need to know if you are having any cervical change. I don't tend to have bh but it is not unusual for me to walk around 4-5cm for a few weeks. Every woman is so different but in your place I would want to check and I am not medical at all.

See and I am just the opposite usually in terms of dialation. It usually takes FOREVER for me to dialate. THen I hit 7 and in less than an hour, baby in arms.

BUt I just get paranoid cause there can always be that one time that the past doesn't predict the future, you know.

huntmommy 09-19-2012 12:42 PM

I know where I am no hospital is going to take you with contractions more than 8-10 minutes apart. I am sure my midwife would not come earlier than that either. I understand how you feel though. My husband is 40 minutes away and our planned sitter may be 3 minutes away if she is at home or 40 minutes if she is at work. We are birthing at home though so I have no where to go and no choice but to wait for people to come to me.

You can try to do your own cervial check. It is really not too tough unless you are tall and or have short fingers. I am having lots more contractions with baby three than I did the other two. They hurt too! It could also be prodromal labor which is generally steady like labor but it is actually the body trying to turn the baby into a better position. Most women who have this end up with the baby coming at the regular time with a hand stuck to his/her little face. The contractions were trying to get the baby to disengage and get that hand down. It does not always work. One of my friends tried a lot of downward dog but he still came a month later (with contractions every day at 30 minute intervals) with his precious little hand next to his face.