Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Mamas finding out the gender.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445183)

mommajewels 09-19-2012 11:28 AM

Mamas finding out the gender....
 
..... You're all making it super hard for this mama to stick it out on team green. :giggle2: The closer I get to knowing we will have another u/s (albeit still 6 weeks away, lol) and the more "it's a boy/girl!" announcements I see, the weaker I get.

In all seriousness though, I am happy for ya'll and wish you big congrats on your boys & girls! :goodvibes:

Lanae 09-19-2012 01:08 PM

All this knowing gender stuff is actually doing the opposite for me... I kinda want to go team green! Then again, this is our last and I'm just wanting a little extra excitement but I know that I will want to know so I can start knitting cute stuff but dang... I'm kinda feeling team green so bad!

mommajewels 09-19-2012 01:15 PM

Re: Mamas finding out the gender....
 
This is our last and we found out during the pregnancy with our previous 5. I always find myself saying, "I wish I would have waited until birth so I could have that experience just once!" ..... so we're REALLY trying to stick to team green this time. But man I'm goin' a little batty over here, LOL!

Lanae 09-19-2012 01:32 PM

Dh just told me no... He wants to know lol

mommajewels 09-19-2012 01:53 PM

Re: Mamas finding out the gender....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanae (Post 15704405)
Dh just told me no... He wants to know lol

LOL! I think I'd prefer if my Dh told me yes, find out or no, wait until birth. EVERYTHING with him is, "It's up to you, babe." UGH. So if I find out and then I'm disappointed that I never waited with any of my kids, I don't get to blame him!? LOL... just kidding, of course. But if he said he prefers one way or another, then at least I have his opinion to consider so it might be easier to sway myself one way or another.

Lanae 09-19-2012 02:29 PM

Honestly, I think I'm just scared of gender disappointment. Dh is 100% he wants this to be the last and I'm trying really hard to accept that because he wasn't totally on board with this one but enough so, that we tried for it... Just happened to get pregnant first cycle! Anyways, we have a little boy and as wonderful as little boys are.... I'd really like a girl. I know that if I wait to find out when it's born, there's no way I'll be disappointed cause I'll be in my baby love place but if I found out its a boy in utero, I'm scared it's going to be really hard for me to accept.

joeslittlewoman 09-19-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanae
Honestly, I think I'm just scared of gender disappointment. Dh is 100% he wants this to be the last and I'm trying really hard to accept that because he wasn't totally on board with this one but enough so, that we tried for it... Just happened to get pregnant first cycle! Anyways, we have a little boy and as wonderful as little boys are.... I'd really like a girl. I know that if I wait to find out when it's born, there's no way I'll be disappointed cause I'll be in my baby love place but if I found out its a boy in utero, I'm scared it's going to be really hard for me to accept.

I'm kinda the opposite. I would be happy either way, but since this is likely our last, I don't want to get too deep into fantasizing either way. I think I'm more likely to experience gender disappointment if I spend 9 months visualizing something different than I'll have. I'm trying to restrain my imagination already, lol.

kushie tushie 09-19-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanae
Honestly, I think I'm just scared of gender disappointment. Dh is 100% he wants this to be the last and I'm trying really hard to accept that because he wasn't totally on board with this one but enough so, that we tried for it... Just happened to get pregnant first cycle! Anyways, we have a little boy and as wonderful as little boys are.... I'd really like a girl. I know that if I wait to find out when it's born, there's no way I'll be disappointed cause I'll be in my baby love place but if I found out its a boy in utero, I'm scared it's going to be really hard for me to accept.

Well if you do find out and have gender disappointment just know that it passes. My first 2 are 16 months apart. So I really wanted another boy. I figured since they were going to be so close it would be fun to have the same gender.

In the u/s room I was ok. Shocked maybe. Then on the ride home it sunk in...by that night and for a week straight I cried. :giggle2: :blush:

I totally got over it and am so glad we have her. I know its a little different b/c it wasnt our last and I wanted the same gender vs different but I just wanted to let you know it passes. :)

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

roseyroberts 09-19-2012 04:30 PM

Any disapointment was always so short lived for me.
We have 4 girls and 1 little boy. So, I would really love to have another boy. If I could pick i'd pick boy. But I only discovered cloth diapers with my son...so I have never done girly dipes, so that would be fun too! So I don't think I will have any gender disappoint...but I might be a little sad that ds will never have a brother. I keep telling myself that it's a girl..cause girls seem to be our thing...i want to expect a girl so that it won't be a shock!

Lanae 09-19-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman

I'm kinda the opposite. I would be happy either way, but since this is likely our last, I don't want to get too deep into fantasizing either way. I think I'm more likely to experience gender disappointment if I spend 9 months visualizing something different than I'll have. I'm trying to restrain my imagination already, lol.

Do you think it would have been even harder to accept if you knew that you weren't ever going to have another?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors