Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Just got my moby wrap! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445184)

clothdiapercrunchy 09-19-2012 11:28 AM

Just got my moby wrap!

I put my 32 lb, 3 year old in it and it worked great! No sagging, she was secure. It CAN go up to 35 lbs right? (Its used so no paper work). Its for my newbie in May but she really seemed to love it :D

AnimalHouse 09-19-2012 12:08 PM

Re: Just got my moby wrap!

The weight max is 35 lbs ;). You may notice it start to sag and loosen after being worn for awhile, though. I have to stop using stretchy wraps around 15-18 lbs, because they get uncomfortable after about 20 minutes.

clothdiapercrunchy 09-19-2012 01:39 PM

ok, I was wondering about that... I wore her for about 15-20 minutes and it was ok, but it might stretch after awhile. What are the other option? woven, right?

AnimalHouse 09-19-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clothdiapercrunchy (Post 15704436)
ok, I was wondering about that... I wore her for about 15-20 minutes and it was ok, but it might stretch after awhile. What are the other option? woven, right?

If you want to wear your 3 y/o, there are tons of other options! Woven wraps, soft-structured carriers, mei tais, ring slings (although those are only comfy with my toddlers for shorter periods of time)...

Addisynsmommy 09-28-2012 12:05 PM

I am so excited to see that you lo fit comfortably in the moby, I am going to have to try it with my 2 year old, she weighs about the same. (:

UmmKira 09-28-2012 12:09 PM

How did you have her placed? I tried my 1.5 year old once and wasn't pleased. I loved it when she was smaller though!

agbowers832 10-04-2012 10:59 PM

I am so glad that it worked for your 3 year old! I curently have 2 month old and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get much more use out of my moby. i keep hearing that it only works with little babies. Glad that isn't the case!!

katy_green 10-08-2012 11:34 AM

I love my Moby! I'm still working on my wrapping technique though.

dwgmom 10-11-2012 01:42 PM

I have a Moby Wrap and ended up buying another brand that's a bit more stretchable. I keep going back and forth between the two as the stretchy one is so comfortable initially and then sags. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for your Moby? I feel like I need to sell one. We bought it in the hospital when ds was born prematurely. I have every other kind of carrier under the sun so I feel guilty having two of these.

Kaileida 10-13-2012 06:00 PM

I like the Moby, I wish my kid did :( She tolerates it for half an hour, longer if I can get her to sleep, and then screams until I take her out.