Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Anyone else planning a free birth?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445433)

Doula Amanda 09-20-2012 03:25 AM

Anyone else planning a free birth??

This is our 6th baby but our first free birth :) I do have an ob doc because I have Graves disease and it has to be monitored. Ive only went two times thus far tho. Just wondering if anyone else is having a homebirth or freebirth?

mama2madj 09-23-2012 08:38 PM

Re: Anyone else planning a free birth??

This is my #6 as well! It will be my 2nd intentional UC. My 4th DC was a precipitous UC in the car heading to the FSBC
I don't have an OB. I do have a MW friend who will come out if needed.

Green Decals 10-01-2012 10:37 PM

Hats off to you two! Our 4th, 5th, and 6th (God willing) will be UC too - but this is only our 3rd baby (2nd HB). :-)

flame_chick 10-05-2012 10:36 PM

this will be my 6th birth, and I was seriously considering free birthing, but DH is VERY against it. I was pushing him hard with the home birth last time. This time we are planning a birth center birth since they are accepting medicaid, and we cannot afford to pay ourselves for another home birth.

EmilyA874 10-06-2012 12:54 PM

We had an amazing homebirth with DD and were planning a UC with this baby but a heart defect was found at our anatomy ultrasound and we will now be delivering at the hospital, which I am nervous about, but it is necessary. Good luck with your UC!

Daniellehale87 10-10-2012 07:28 PM

My hubby wouldnt let me do a home birth BUT we settled on a birthing center with midwives and doulas!

pridykidz 10-11-2012 02:04 PM

This is our 6th and our first (FINALLY) homebirth! Very excited to be in a home that I want to birth in.

Made of Fleece 11-04-2012 09:14 PM

This is my 2nd baby. First was at a birth center with a midwife. I've considered home birthing this time around, but am too chicken, so hats off to anyone considering it!

ksburgess 11-16-2012 06:46 PM

This will be our 6th home birth :) I would really like a UC but DH doesn't feel comfortably. I'm secretly willing that the midwives will arrive just after our LO does... that happened with our 4th and it was just lovely.

I am talking to our midwife at our next prenatal about my desire for her to be totally "hands off" and waiting at a distance while the baby is born and I'm bringing our LO up to my chest (DH is OK with this). I'm fine with more active help with the 3rd stage, but I want that intimate time of pushing and bringing up my baby to be totally me and DH - no flashlights, hands, etc!

infojunqie 12-03-2012 06:51 PM

This is our second baby and our second home birth--if all goes well. We will have the same midwife as last time. I have considered UC, but spiritually feel it would be prideful to attempt it and believe that I don't know it all and need someone there with lots of professional experience! (midwife has 30+ yrs!).

Good luck to all the mamas!