Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's for dinner? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445461)

pumkinsmommy 09-20-2012 07:44 AM

What's for dinner?

I am going to make chicken using the Thai coconut curry scrimp recipe from Skinnytaste. I will serve it over brown jasmine rice that I cook in my wonderful new rice cooker.:goodvibes:

For the chicken I will cut it into bite size pieces and at the end of cooking I will add a bunch of fresh baby spinach to wilt into the sauce. I also double the recipe but not the red curry paste.

I just started going to this website after I kept seeing so many raves for the recipes on another cooking board I read. The recipes are so great and all are broken down with the nutrional info and ww points.

I love to make it with shrimp. Today I am doing it with chicken which cost $2 instead for $15 for shrimp since we just had it that way last week.

What are you all having:

myclanof6 09-20-2012 10:21 AM

Wearer having fettuccini with chicken tonight. DS turned 10 today :lostit: and that's what he wants. :) I sorta made up my own recipe to it wince I don't like jarred Alfredo sauce.
Melt a stick of butter and then add some heavy cream. We drink 1% milk so I use that instead and just add a tsp or so of cornstarch to thicken it a little. I add an 8oz container of Feta cheese (garlic and herb, yum!) and a little parmesan to it, salt and pepper to taste.
The chicken breast is just tossed in a pan with a little olive oil, sprinkled with s&p and cooked through. I just dice it up and throw it in. Takes about 30 minutes including the time it takes to heat the water to boil. Easy peasy!
We will probably have a side of green peas or corn, which are his fave veggies.

ETA: I use one box of whole grain/wheat noodles and one box of regular. Everyone complains if I just use the whole grain or wheat noodles. This is enough for dinner and leftovers for lunch for me and dd.
ETA: Totally meant to type 1/2 stick of butter, not a whole. :)
Autocorrect has helped me type this.

MommaPickerill 09-20-2012 10:34 AM

Re: What's for dinner?

Homemade chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce, rice and beans!

MommaPickerill 09-20-2012 10:35 AM

Favorite this week so far though is chicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon and then glazed with chili powder/brown sugar mixture!!! WOWW!!

Just Ducky 09-20-2012 01:36 PM

Eggplant "Parmesan" with homemade marinara sauce and goat cheese instead of Parmesan cheese. I serve it on a bed of fresh spinach and rotini pasta.

ArronDalesMama 09-20-2012 01:49 PM

Salmon, rice and steamed mixed veggies.

Think I'm just gonna blacken the salmon. Easy and fast

jkdustin 10-17-2012 10:35 AM

grilled chicken salad. yummy

Geckmumto3 10-17-2012 07:09 PM

I copped out and made pancakes and scrambled eggs for the kids. DH is coaching tonight, and the kids were craving pancakes.

norrahsmommy 10-17-2012 08:08 PM

Hot dogs, fries, pink lemonade, and brownies.

krispy79 10-18-2012 06:58 AM

Lentil tacos with avacado.
Kids loved it!

Sent from my (not so)Smartphone using DS Forum