Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   ju ju be bff vs be prepared (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445590)

mars817 09-20-2012 12:39 PM

ju ju be bff vs be prepared

I want to buy one of these with the 20% discount on amazon right now and I just can't decide. I have seen a bff in person and it seemed small, but I have seen the youtube videos so I know it should hold a lot. I also saw the you tube video of a comparison of how much each held too so I know the be prepared holds more but I wonder if it would be way too big? I just have one 7 month old son. We generally have a small cooler with 3 bottles in it that seems to take up a lot of space. If we head out for more than the grocery store it tends to be a good part of the day because we are 30-45 minutes from anything so I know I tend to overpack but I don't want to not have what he needs. I don't know if I should just get something small and keep a box or big bag of stuff in the car. Any advice?

Micheliala 09-20-2012 01:11 PM

Re: ju ju be bff vs be prepared

the be prepared is really awesome for storage but man is it heavy! I'm an overpacker but I didn't want to lug a huge back around either :) So what I came up with is to carry a smaller bag with my essentials plus 2-3 diaper changes and then I have another medium size bag I can leave in the car (its not a jujube, I think its an oioi.) Now that my son is older I carry the behave with one diaper change and have the be all as my backup in case I need more room. When he was younger and I would have a long outing I would take the brb. I think you should go for the bff and get another bag for extras :goodvibes:

huntressxx 09-20-2012 01:33 PM

I love my be prepared but agree its heavy. But I'm an overpacker and have two in cloth so it's full!!

lecialefty 09-20-2012 06:43 PM

I would get a bff and an overflow bag like pp suggested. Mighty be's are great for that and I like the hip as my extra bag too, more than my mighty.

ajbailey89 09-20-2012 08:09 PM

I bought the BP and it is wayyyy too big for day to day. We use it for day trips. I am currently saving for a BFF and selling my BP.

ZoeyMakesThree 09-20-2012 10:11 PM

the be prepared is HUGE. I really only use it for airplane trips and have been meaning to sell it b/c it's just too big to deal with when I am running around after 2 kids.

mcrisp78 09-20-2012 11:15 PM

BFF is the best diaper bag I have EVER owned! It's perfect!

WynneBabies 09-21-2012 03:34 PM

I would think the BFF for one baby that age would be fine. Sometimes it gets a little tight for one newborn, but I wouldn't want to be carrying around something bigger.

Xanders 09-21-2012 03:57 PM

I would do the BFF. Why? Well you can fit your kitchen sink (I.e. all the "might needs", "extras", & "what-ifs") in your car- you learn to carry less plus the BFF has a backpack style option & it's so handy for chasing a toddler!

Alikhlas 09-21-2012 04:24 PM

I just saw both at an overstocked store (marshals) and the be prepared is heavy and really big for everyday. The bff seemed perfect for everyday use bc it can be purse style, backpack, and body bag.